Anybody interested in a new front bumper design? Update 5/7, No more teasers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a company in Columbia SC quoting me for the plates to weld up this bumper.
I do not have a price yet. (2/20/21)
Quote from company 1,
Order 2 units​
3​
4​
5​
Price each $836.98​
$776.92​
$746.86​
$728.84​

I may be looking to have more than one made to offset the setup fee.
Specs, hides a 12k winch, behind a removable TEQ inspection plate.
The plates are interlocking to reinforce the weld joints.
1/4' winch plate.
3/4" (2x3/8") shackle plates that are tied to the frame.
Without the tube work its right at 100#'s about 125 with tube work.
Protects the 96-97 AC drier.

At this time, you would be responsible for picking up the DIY kit or getting it shipped from Columbia SC (I can get it on a pallet)
You would need to source the tube work, I've got a local roll-cage guy lined up for mine.

Is there any interest?
Quote is valid through 2/27/21

1613864618222.png

1613954729795.png

1613954803659.png

1613954913600.png

Last edited:
I have a company in Columbia SC quoting me for the plates to weld up this bumper.
I do not have a price yet. (2/20/21)
I may be looking to have more than one made to offset the setup fee.
Specs, hides a 12k winch, behind a removable TEQ inspection plate.
The plates are interlocking to reinforce the weld joints.
1/4' winch plate.
3/4" (2x3/8") shackle plates that are tied to the frame.
Without the tube work its right at 100#'s about 125 with tube work.
Protects the 96-97 AC drier.

At this time, you would be responsible for picking up the kit or getting it shipped from Columbia SC (I can get it on a pallet)
You would need to source the tube work, I've got a local roll-cage guy lined up for mine.

Is there any interest?
View attachment 2591481
A kit or a complete weldment?

Right now I'm going with kit. I'm not a fabricator, I'm a Machinist /ME.
If you want to drive out and spend the weekend, I could help you weld it.

If I get interest, I'll make sure to document the process.

The light cut outs are for Black oak lights.
These go in the wing as a surface mount:
Figure I'll go with Diffused as they are on an angle.
The lower light cut out near the winch is set up for this light:
I'm going to be installing amber fog lights, as its occasionally really foggy around here.

Last edited:
I haven't run the statics calculations on it. Its the right size for a small ditch light, though.

Can those light pod cutouts remain uncut? (The square ones in the front)

I may be interested, not sure I like all those cutouts though; is that to save weight? When will you finalize the design?
Yes it was for weight, but its not much. I just liked the look in the end.

OK guys, right now it's getting quoted as y'all see it, I should have the quote back next week.
I don't want to waste the company's time that is quoting it asking for a bunch of "options". Out of 5 companies I sent this to for RFQ, I only got one to come back.

So let's see how much $$$$ this beast is going to cost, I'll publish it here. If y'all are serious, ready to put cash on the barrel head, and want various cuts left in or taken out, we'll discuss it then.

Last edited:
Yes it was for weight, but its not much. I just liked the look in the end.

OK guys, right now it's getting quoted as y'all see it, I should have the quote back next week.
I don't want to waste the company's time that is quoting it asking for a bunch of "options". Out of 5 companies I sent this to for RFQ, I only got one to come back.

So let's see how much $$$$ this beast is going to cost, I'll publish it here. If y'all are serious, ready to put cash on the barrel head, and want various cuts left in or taken out, we'll discuss it then.
I’m definitely curious. The cutouts turn me off because it seems like it might be a pain to clean and dig mud, roots, branches, or whatever out of those cutouts. Standing by for the quote. Thanks for doing this.

I’m definitely curious. The cutouts turn me off because it seems like it might be a pain to clean and dig mud, roots, branches, or whatever out of those cutouts. Standing by for the quote. Thanks for doing this.

Here it is with no cut outs, and no lights. The cut outs lighten it up visually and physically.
Something I have worried about is if the cutouts will whistle annoyingly at highway speed.

1613955143796.png

Here it is with no cut outs, and no lights. The cut outs lighten it up visually and physically.
Something I have worried about is if the cutouts will whistle annoyingly at highway speed.

View attachment 2592571
That's nice, I like the TEQ touches. Good call on the potential for whistling too. Can you clarify what you mean by "source your own tube work"? If you mean the tubes are separate from the bumper, then all the better. Again, thanks for doing this.

It means what it says, you're on your own for tubing, because it isn't going to come with it.

Probably don’t have a dog in the fight but who knows until a kit price is posted.

That said if it were me I’d like the upper cut out for air flow. But would prefer to make my own cut outs for lights. Mixed emotion on the TEQ cut outs. Look cool but question what happens over time with corrosion and mud.

Finally I really like build your own hoops. But I own a bender so I bet I'm the minority there.

The ability to mount a 8274 winch would also be cool.

Last edited:
The ability to mount a 8274 winch would also be cool.
the 8274 is front mounted not foot mounted, it would require an adaptor welded in, or redesign of the front plate which is angled down, on purpose, to shed deer and pigs down under the rig. (We have both of those here and they are rough on the front end)

Last edited:
Bump. see post #1 for pricing
I talked to the vendor and they can add or delete cut outs as needed, just need to let them know what's wanted on each part.

I’m still down. When do you need the decision for design? Sent you the email with the design request. I removed all cutouts except for the two innermost fogs. I like the clean look despite it being a little heavier.

Anyone else going to get in on this opportunity? It's a robust bumper and you're able to decide whether you want the cutouts or not.

Last edited:
Bump.
Need to order these on Monday 3/1.
I have 1 additional order at this time.
The more we order the cheaper it gets.... ;)

One more bump.
would love to get a couple more on this.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom