Anybody have shifter rings laying around? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Someone "retro-fitted" the shifter boots on my FJ. They just sheetmetal-screwed some universal rubber boots to the old tranny cover. Looks really bad on my new interior. I see the boots on sale on Ebay and everywhere,but I don't even have the rings that go to the bottom of the boots.
I have a new tranny cover. Do some of you happen to have or know where I can get all the needed hardware to make it look like a clean install? Did both the tranny and transfer case shifters have rubber boots and metal bottom rings on the '78 FJ40?

no, only the tranny was rubber. the xfer was like a leather boot. i have extra transfer case rings if you need and specter/ccot both sell replacement material. i bought one from one of the two (don't remember which)...not too impressed yet, but haven't gotten it together yet either.

I have a 4spd trans boot with the ring that I bought off ebay and dont need. I paid 20+ shipping. How about 20 and I'll pay shipping?

Nuke,you said "rings" as in plural. Does the transfer case boot use more than 1 ring? I'm interested in what you've got if it fits a '78 FJ40 oem-style.
Knuckle.D, If the boot and ring are in good condition,not cracked or dry-rotted and fit a '78 FJ40, then I'm interested. Got any pics?

I took a picture for you, dont know what year it came off but its a 4spd boot should be the same for all ? No cracks...rubber is in good shape no holes ect. you'll be happy with it. what you see is what you get.

i've got more than one set up, also, it's a two piece ring and the material is sandwiched between. don't know what year they're for

KnuckleD, P.M me with your name,address,etc. I'll get a cashiers check,probably tomorrow.
Nuke.L, I'm checking S.O.R and my manual to see what kind of set-up the '78 came with originally.I want to make sure you have the right parts for my model year.

KnuckleD,I've P'med you back,money order's on it's way. Thanks :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom