any set dates for cruise moab 06 yet? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wanting to start making reservations for CM for next year and was wondering if the dates had been set in stone yet? Tried to post in the Rising sun forum but you have to be a member...
thanks

I believe it's normally the first full weekend in May...so the 5-7 or so in 2006....but I'm not the official keeper of that either :D

I'm sure Chris Hatfield will chime in anytime soon.. Might wanna way tho as there was discussion of moving to a different campsite next year.. Less cotton in all our diffs when we replace axles..

We are looking at different camp sites so I would not make reservations yet. Woody is right about it being the first week on May and it usually runs Weds- Sat. As long as you make your reservations by February, you shouldn't really have a problem. I would wait until everything gets solidified.

According to Matt Farr:

Cruise Moab
May 3-7, 2006, Moab, Utah
TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun Four Wheel Drive Club
Contact: Neil Quigley (303) 797-7341 or Dave Brown (303) 838-7723

TJK

Thanks for the info it is added to the schedual...by the way how many camp and how many usually stay at hotels....I will have a 5mo old so the hotel is sounding good. And my father who will be bringing his 80 thinks hotel are ruffing it.

tornadoalleycruiser said:
I'm sure Chris Hatfield will chime in anytime soon.. Might wanna way tho as there was discussion of moving to a different campsite next year.. Less cotton in all our diffs when we replace axles..

Im still finding cotton. Slickrock sucks!

To whom it may concern:

Please find a new group campsite

i'm stoked for new campsites!!!!i've done slickrock for five years now...you think finding last year's ctton sucks...try finding 2000 cotton. :grinpimp:

It's my understanding that many of the other camp grounds will not allow "on site vehicle repair."

This could pose a problem for some of the "play hard" crowd.

However, I am not a Rising Sun member, and may be speaking way outta turn here...

I'll be there again-4th in a row and can't wait. I would love to camp, but not at Slickrock. The hotel situation in Moab is very good with numerous places within 1/2 mile of the main camp.

Is there any chance we could stay out of town on some BLM land? The fees could cover the porta potties and porta showers as needed. I really hate that close packed elbow to armpit feel you get at the Slickrock campground.

The other good option might be Sand Flats. Any possibility of them letting the TLCA rent out a whole section? Then we could run Fins and Things every afternoon as a cool down from the trail of the day.

We are looking at new campsites, but will let the new committe figure it all out(will be formed at the next Risingsun meeting)

i'm stoked for new campsites!!!!i've done slickrock for five years now...you think finding last year's ctton sucks...try finding 2000 cotton

Yeah, the cotton seems to be kicking our butt this year. First it was Kipper on the fathers day run. Overheating due to Moab Cotton in the radiator. Then Treeroot on the Alpine Tunnel/Ghost town run with the cotton getting into the air cleaner and causing hesitation. The same thing that happend to me on the way home from the event on Vail pass. I will not miss the cotton.

Anyone stay at the Rustic Inn? I made my reservations last night and I got a killer rate, In fact its so low that I am spooked about it.
Anyone?

info will be released after the first tt ad goes out. can't make reservations til after jan first anyway.

I will be staying at the Gonzo, if anyone isn't going to do the camping route....I will have a 5 mo old baby, camping was voted down.

Per Matt Farr:

Cruise Moab 2006 will be held from May 3rd - 7th, 2006.

We are now officially accepting registrations! Register early and get your first choice of trails on the days that you want them. The fees are all the same as last year. Online registration is easy and quick. You can pay with a credit card or your PayPal account. If you don't do e-commerce, you can still print the registration form and mail a check if you prefer.

* Cruise Moab 2006 Online Registration
* Info about Cruise Moab 2006
* Cool pictures from Cruise Moab 2005 on ih8mud

Also, we're always looking for volunteers to help with everything from tech inspection to leading trails. If you're interested, please fill out the volunteer form on the information page and send it in!

Couple of questions. Are you going to put 80's and 100's together as before? If we are going with people how can we make sure we are going to be doing the same trails?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom