Any safety benefit wtih in cab winch controls? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TYM4FUN

SILVER Star
Threads
Is there any safety benefit with in cab winch controls? I have only had to use it once and used the handheld wired controller and worked just fine. If there is a safety gain then I will install a switch....

All I see is:

One less item to store.
Someone else can hook up while you stay in the cab.

I connected a remote but thought it would be empty when needed so also made inside control, and still plan an outside wired controller.
But I like to be outside when needed, depends what job the winch has to do. Next to the winch I have a power cut of key and one near the battery.

Mounted this way so I don't have to eat a tow hook when something breaks and moves to cabin and up/down hill I think it is better to be in the car because if the cable snaps in neutral someone needs to apply brake:
file.php

Inside is good while turning steering wheel when it goes in wrong direction and using 4x4 while winching.

Winch (or light) remote is very cheap and works every time, I have one spare controller and batteries:
file.php

kids love the remote :cheers:

Last edited:
I bet they loved that! Also wanted to note that the wired remote does reach to the driver seat wile in the vehicle. I guess it is good to carry as a back up anyways...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom