Any RC Nerds Out there? (Tamiya 300 Series Land Cruiser) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw this in my youtube feed! My son and I finished building the Tamiya CC-02 chassis. We built the new Bronco (sorry, we purchased the kit too early apparently). It is a really fun build and my brother congratulated my son for building the first reliable Bronco. :rofl: I said, "Yeah, and unfortunately, it still won't get you to work." Enough smack talk.... Well, Tamiya is releasing a 300 Series Cruiser on the CC02 chassis. If you are looking for a fun project to do at the kitchen table I highly recommend it.

The kit should come with their TLU-01 light kit. You can build the differentials as locked or unlocked. I only attach the Bronco pics for build reference. The lights are seriously cool! The TLU-01 will allow for you to add more lights. So, now instead of just buying cool crap for your real truck you can waste money on a little truck that makes you giggle.

IMG_1043.jpeg

IMG_1046 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
lol awesome, I really want to find one with a 100 series of my silver / beige color.

lol awesome, I really want to find one with a 100 series of my silver / beige color.
Tamiya has a 40 series body that you can make fit with modification (drilling holes). I think Axial has an RTR (ready to run) kit with a 100 series body. Tamiya gives you the fun of building the truck from a parts box so you'll miss out on that fun. Although, the Axial SC10 is a pretty serious rock crawler.

I love the Tamiya kits. They are a lot of fun to build and run.

I will be trying to get the 300 series model.

I have a GF-01 40 series pick up from Tamiya which is a blast to run.

I love the Tamiya kits. They are a lot of fun to build and run.

I will be trying to get the 300 series model.

I have a GF-01 40 series pick up from Tamiya which is a blast to run.
If you build the kit there are a lot of build videos on Youtube showing the difference between the low gear range vs the high. We built Joel's with the rear diff locked, front open, and low range. The stock motor still moves the truck quicker than I thought it would. Tamiya does make a 35t motor that will give you more torque. However, this is probably not a crawler build. I will say that the truck is pretty fun and climbs way better than I thought it would.

If you get the kit post pics! Building a Tamiya kit is satisfying and relaxing.

Remember the Celica rally car? Looks like Tamiya might be making an RC kit...... 🤤

Okay, I'll take my own keyboard away now.....

It looks like that 300 series body should be available soon from Tamiya USA...

1690203200529.png

A bunch of cool 40s on there at the moment too...

1690202334645.png

Tamiya Rc Toyota Land Cruiser 40 / Tamiya USA

The Toyota Land Cruiser 40 was produced from 1960 to 1984 and is one of the most well-known 4x4 vehicles in the world.
www.tamiyausa.com
www.tamiyausa.com

1690202105361.png

Tamiya 58715-A Toyota Land Cruiser 40 - CC-02 / Tamiya USA

The Toyota Land Cruiser 40 has been a staple subject for Tamiya since 2008. It first appeared on the CR-01 crawler chassis then later the simpler CC-01 cross country chassis.
www.tamiyausa.com
www.tamiyausa.com

1690202200437.png

Rc Toyota Land Cruiser 40 P/Up Gf01 / Tamiya USA

Toyota's Land Cruiser needs little introduction; it was a pioneering 4WD vehicle in Japan, and would become one of the most recognizable cars of its type in the world. Its history stretches back to the 1950s, and includes the 40 series, which was produced from 1960-1984 and can still be seen in...
www.tamiyausa.com
www.tamiyausa.com

1690202154948.png

Tamiya 58704 Toyota Land Cruiser 40 Pick-Up Quadtrack (GF-01FT) / Tamiya USA

Toyota’s Land Cruiser is one of the most recognizable 4WD vehicles in the world, especially the 40, a series which was sold from 1960 to 1984.
www.tamiyausa.com
www.tamiyausa.com

Bonus lifted Tundra with SAS...

1690202393591.png

Tamiya Rc Toyota Tundra Highlift / Tamiya USA

The Tundra is a full-size pick-up truck made by Toyota for the North American market. In 2007, the Tundra underwent a model change, and this is a 1/10 R/C assembly kit
www.tamiyausa.com
www.tamiyausa.com

I have a 40 series CR01 crawler. eBay used to be a good place to score RC kits. I got mine several years ago from a hobby shop that was liquidating. Currently, I need to rebuild the driveline. It should be a fun winter project. I should warn you in advance that the Tamiya kits anre addicting to build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom