any one running scout axles (D44)on their 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just trying to get an idea out there. any one done this or have any photos.

I have heard use waggy axles also Dana 44s. but arnt waggy fronts driver drop. I would like to do a full cheby set up 350, 350, 205, and dana 44 axles. Can it be done.

also someone by my cruiser stuff so I can start on this :flipoff2:

I'm am getting ready to do this on my 67. This is the cheapest way to get front discs for me than to upgrade to cruiser axles. I got a 79 scout II for free all I had to do was drag it out of the PO's yard and haul it away. The only problem is that you will have to change your t-case since the rear is centered and not offset like cruiser axles. I am going to use the Dana 20 t-case that came with the scout. I don't think it will be much of a problem, much doing a spring over and getting everything lined up. I'm already set up for full hydro steering so steering won't be much of a problem for me.

Oh, what are waggy axles anyway?

Yeah, PIX would be great if you have the time. The 205 Tcase is set up for Center Diff in rear and pass drop in front. so that wont be a problem. I am most concerned about steering geometry and pinion angles. With the axles are you going to Spring over. seems like you might as well since your in there.

The cruiser is already SOA. So all I really have to do is weld on some new perches and I'm good to go as far as the axles are concerned. It is the t-case/tranny/engine that is going to take some time. If I were you, though I would think of going with a dana 60. I am just doing the 44s because I got them for free, they are in good shape, and I get front disc brakes. Once the 44s break, I'm headed for 60's or possibly rockwells.
But on the other hand, there is tons of upgrade stuff for 44s to make them as strong or stronger than a 60. The benefit of this is the additional clearance under the pumpkins. I don't know, I can convince myself both ways. But I will take lots of pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom