Any discounts on parts from local Mr. T or Ms. L dealerships? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ramangain

Clarksonian disciple
Threads
Voss Toyota is closest to me, so I talked to the parts guys about a IH8MUD parts discount.

I came from ABQ where the local dealership offered a 25% discount to Mudders. For bigger/heavier parts, it was cheaper to buy locally than pay for international shipping from UAE or buy from online dealerships and pay for shipping. Everyone went to the specific dealership within 50 miles of ABQ for the discount.

Does anyone know of, and can share, a dealership parts discount in the Dayton area? If not, see below.

I may be willing to try and set one up at Voss Toyota. They do NOT do a lot of parts sales for 4R and LC/LX, so the discount may not be huge. If I can set one up with the parts manager, would you drive to Voss Toyota to buy parts from their parts department and pick them up for a discount?

This is very useful for the big ticket and heavy items like hubs, (front) axles, spindles, brake discs, etc. Plus, if you absolutely have to use OEM fasteners, it would be cheaper to get them locally with a bit of a discount rather than pay for shipping.

I have asked Walker Toyota about a discount, and it was a hard no. But I didn't press them to hard. I think Kings Toyota down near Mason, OH offers a small discount online.

I use Walker for small things, but I tend to use PartsouQ for the majority of my OEM parts, because even by the time I pay for shipping, it is still cheaper than anyone local.

I'd consider Voss as they are only about 15 mins from me.

Kings will do the internet standard 25% discount for orders made & paid through their online store, but then allows pickup at the dealership. That is great for exhaust systems or H55 trannies.

@AlbertoSD has used them some.

I usually shop online or with the vendors on this site, then call Beechmont Toyota on the east side of Cinti with part #'s, because they are just down the street. They quote a higher price then I ask, "Is that the best you can do?" They will then quote a lower price. I then see if its cheaper than the online price plus shipping. Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. The last time i did this, Beechmont got my order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom