Antenna Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Antenna Repair and need a center cap

My antenna stopped working a few days ago, and just got the time to check it out. Would not go up or down and stuck out about a foot. Took the screw off and the whole mast came right out. I read on another post their should be a ribbon that goes intothe antenna to move it upa and down. So obviously mine is not attached but don't know how to get further into the antenna area, to get things reattached. Anyone know how to reattach the antenna? and how to gain access to the right area?

Anyone have an extra center cap, or know where to get one mine went missing.

Last edited:
Thanks, saw that post but don't understand how to get at the whole motor and ribbon. Do I need to take the wheel well apart to access it? Do I need a new antenna, or can I still use the one I have and reattach it?

You need a new antenna. Half or so of the old antenna ribbon is broken inside the antenna motor. Hence, the reason you need to take the motor out and apart. If the ribbons wasn't stuck inside, you could just feed the new ribbon back into the motor.

At the rear of the front right wheel well, there should be a screw of some sort. I think it is close to where the side moulding is. Remove the screw and you should be able to pull the plastic down on the other side of the metal it is against. I had the steering wheel turned full right so that I had a little more room to work with. You should see the motor up inside the fender. Follow the instructions in the earlier post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom