Antenna Mounting Photos (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since we have a photo page for radio mounting photos I thought I would also start one with antenna mounting ideas. I've been using a Comet cp-5nmo for years on mt FJ62, Tacoma, and now the BJ73. On the FJ62 and BJ73 I ran a Comet Sbb-5NMO and swap that for a SBB-1NMO for tighter trails.

1671578373527.png

1671578164379.png

Now I've also picked up a GRMS radio so I am debating new locations. The hood seems like a nice spot with not the worst loss and far enough away from the Ham antenna that there should be no issues operating on 2m and GMRS at the same time.

Larsen 1/2-wave 2 Meter antenna works well on the spare tire mount of my 40; not much ground plane back there.

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

Rooftop mag mount on the FJC; I can swap-out between 1/4-wave Flexi-Whip and a 5/8-wave Hustler, but the little 1/4-wave Flexi-Whip works so well that I have just left it there for years and years. Don't have a great photo of it, but you can see it in this one:

Northern CO Aug 09 089.JPG

Same mount & antenna as Jon ^. I take along a 5/8 whip for the 2m/uhf if needing a bit more range.

Also have a HF antenna (a small tarheel unit) with a mount I welded up ages ago that utilizes the kaymar 'lamp post' assembly.

vhfuhf1.jpg

ltar2.jpg

Deceptive due to the angle, but the top of the tarheel (when lowered) is just below the roof line (obviously with the whip removed).

ltar5.jpg

cheers,
george.

Question for those who have a Gamiviti hood mount. Do you find it getting in the way while working inside the engine bay? I am thinking of switching from my hatch mount to a hood mount and thought I would ask. When the top is off on the BJ73 you lose the doors, and in turn the mounting location for my antenna. I did not think about that when I picked the location originally.

My Codan auto-tune antenna is mounted on my spare wheel carrier.

365584785_6301322599995296_7373282272968505139_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom