Another wannabe noob intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I have been lurking for over a year now, and am finally in the posistion to buy a Cruiser. I thought I would come into the light and introduce myself. I go by Nak, and am currently looking for a 96-97 80 series. I think I have found a nice LX:princess: and will hopefully be able to check it out, and purchase it pending inspection, in the next couple of days. I am not new to Toyota, but am to the Land Cruiser. I currently drive an 88 4Runner with the 3.slow V6 at just under 265,000 miles. She runs good, but is getting a little long in the tooth, and I need more room for the family. Working A/C and heat will also be a big plus in East Texas.:)

I have read a ton of posts over the past year, and feel like I know many of the great folks here even though I've never said a word to them.

Anyway, thanks to all those who take the time to make this forum what it is, and hopefully I will have pics to post soon

:cheers: :beer:

Nak

Welcome. :flipoff2:

Where in East Texas?

-B-

Welcome aboard m8, nice to have to new blood here!

Good luck in you purchase, and where are ya in E-Tx?

:cheers:

I'm in Whitehouse, just outside of Tyler. Others of you around here? I moved here about 12 years ago from Springville, UT. It was supposed to be for the summer, and well, here I am many summers later.

It looks like I might have gotten off on the wrong foot in the chat section also :rolleyes:. as long as I have been lurking, you would think I would be smart enough to avoid that pitfall. I guess I was pushing my luck though with that post, so I'll take my lashings with a big :D .

Nak

edit for stupid spelling mistakes...sheesh

Welcome Nak, and we appreciate your being a Star member even though you were in Lurking status. Lots of people make mistakes or get stepped on in chat. Don't worry about that.

Hope your LX checks out. If you ever plan to wheel it I would recommend waiting for one with factory lockers. You could add them later, but that would not be my recommendation.

The Nak said:
It looks like I might have gotten off on the wrong foot in the chat section ...

There is no right or wrong foot in Chat. Newbies venture there at their own peril. Old timers just stay away unless lured or tricked with some link over to TUT or another Chat thread. Those guys are truly lonely and have no semblance of a life.

-B-

We are WAY friendlier here than in chat.
Welcome,
Sean

To be honest Romer, I just bought the star today. I have been putting it off till I knew I would be in the situation to get a Cruiser, and actually have something to contribute. Hopefully I can check this rig out tomorrow, but from the pics, it has factory lockers hooray! Had it not been for this site, I'm sure that would have been overlooked by me, but thanks to y'all I think I'm good.

Nak

Beo, as I said, I should have known better. But my post was also a bit retarded on my part, so I have no one to blame but myself. I guess I could spare myself and delete the post, but Razor got the new guy (me) pretty good so I thought I'd leave it for a laugh. I can't believe I was (am?) so gullible.

Nak

The Nak said:
I'm in Whitehouse, just outside of Tyler.

I may retire in that part of the country some day. I have spent a good bit of time bass fishing in your corner of the piney woods. I have good friends in Van, Troupe, and Tyler. Flintknapper is from 'doches. I was born in Center before moving down to Beaumont and then Houston for waaaaay too long.

:beer:

-B-

The Nak said:
Beo, as I said, I should have known better.

Well, you did lead with your chin. :D

-B-

Welcome,
You'll love the upgrade from the 4runner. I did the same upgrade, from a 1988 V6 4runner, to a 94 LC. The gas mileage difference wasn't even that much of a downgrade either.
Gary

:crybaby: Well, finally got a hold of the people selling the LX. It just sold, I feel like the carpet was just yanked out from under me. So begins my quest for the beast! If anyone comes across a 96-97 80 series, clean, lockers, around 100k miles, preferably in TX please let me know.

I guess since this one is lost, I will delete my post in chat. I know Beo, I'm actually a little ashamed of that post, but I had to give it a try. Looks like I'm going to be investing in Carfax soon.

Thanks,

Nak

sorry to hear that you missed out on it, Nak. Welcome aboard anyway. :flipoff2:

BTW, i'm originally from Mineola, about 25 miles north of Tyler on 69. (yes, i have a hwy 69 road sign hanging in my garage.)

notyourmomslx450 said:
sorry to hear that you missed out on it, Nak. Welcome aboard anyway. :flipoff2:

BTW, i'm originally from Mineola, about 25 miles north of Tyler on 69. (yes, i have a hwy 69 road sign hanging in my garage.)

Ha! That's sweet! I have a couple friends that live/grew up in Mineola. I work for a local Grocery Company at their warehouse, I bet it would be hard to guess where that is huh.

To bad you missed it. If you find a good one you must react immediately. Do not pass go, do not collect go go go.
Cheers,
Sean

welcome aboard :flipoff2:

You'll find the right rig. Takes time sometimes...don't rush it.

I'd like to spend some time in TX. I hear the folks are great. Just that it seems like their fireants are bigger than anywhere else (like everything in TX)... :)

Welcome Nak. You are not too far from Flintknaper. He is in Martinsville IIRC.

Once you pick up your truck, we'll have you PM'ing the daylights out of it! :)

The fire ants are definatly not a fun thing. I was putting up some yard sale signs last year about 3 am, and knelt to hammer in a post. The grass was dry and jabbing and scratching at my leg, so I didn't really pay too much attention till it started being more of a burn. I had knelt directly on top of a good sized bed and my leg looked nearly black it was covered so heavily. Brushed em off and went home. They started swelling/blistering fairly quickly and my wife (a labor and delivery nurse) counted the blisters. She gave up just north of 200, because the blisters were clumping together. I was a little sick and very uncomfortable for several days, and my leg took several months for all signs of the "attack" to go away. Many here in TX still consider me to be a Yankee Northerner even after 12 years, but I consider myself Texan through and through. We do it big, or we don't bother!

I have read numerous posts from Flintknapper, but haven't seen him on too much lately. As far as PM goes, of course I have a list a mile long waiting for any rig I get. I consider myself to be a 3-4 :banana: wrench. I would love to meet up with a bunch of members and have a PM wrench session once I find a rig and amass the parts. Of course :beer: would be on me!

Thanks,

Nak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom