Another new member in the CO Front Range (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How was schofield? That’s some rocky, steep, narrow sh!t up through there…

Ha-ha! I know what you're doing this weekend! And it's not shopping with the wife.
Sadly between the wife and the toddler I can't get much done on the weekends; I'll have to take a day off work to do the install while they're both out of the house. Probably for the best since the garage floor is just above freezing and has lots of melted snow all over.

How was schofield? That’s some rocky, steep, narrow sh!t up through there…
It was a lot of fun! We did the Crested Butte > Washington Gulch > Paradise Basin > Schofield Pass > Crested Butte loop. There were definitely some narrow areas with steep drop-offs just to the side, but not many other vehicles out until we reached Schofield Pass Road. There was only one point at which a lifted Jeep going the other way had to reverse a short distance so we could pass each other. Got a nice parking spot just below Cinnamon mountain for lunch, then continued over to Emerald lake and hung out there for a while.

Doing Crested Butte > Schofield Pass > Crystal River > Marble looked like it would be beautiful, but not something I was willing to try in mostly stock configuration with the family in the vehicle. Definitely much scarier.

Sadly between the wife and the toddler I can't get much done on the weekends; I'll have to take a day off work to do the install while they're both out of the house. Probably for the best since the garage floor is just above freezing and has lots of melted snow all over.

It was a lot of fun! We did the Crested Butte > Washington Gulch > Paradise Basin > Schofield Pass > Crested Butte loop. There were definitely some narrow areas with steep drop-offs just to the side, but not many other vehicles out until we reached Schofield Pass Road. There was only one point at which a lifted Jeep going the other way had to reverse a short distance so we could pass each other. Got a nice parking spot just below Cinnamon mountain for lunch, then continued over to Emerald lake and hung out there for a while.

Doing Crested Butte > Schofield Pass > Crystal River > Marble looked like it would be beautiful, but not something I was willing to try in mostly stock configuration with the family in the vehicle. Definitely much scarier.
Yeah the part that connects schofield park to crystal is what I was referring to… I was prying no one was coming up the other way. Definitely not stock vehicle territory… lift, 33s, skids, and at least a rear locker are needed for that.

FBCA6DA9-385E-4D5F-AB31-4BFB3C1A1313.jpeg

Finally found the time last week (an hour here, an hour there) to install the RCI sliders:
PXL_20220508_171549091.jpg

PXL_20220508_154944725.jpg

Also installed some rear recovery points while I was down there:
PXL_20220508_195810216.jpg

Slider install wasn't as bad as I'd been led to believe. Having a rolling motorcycle lift made positioning easy, and to get behind the KDSS lines I made a small wedge from some scrap hardwood slightly thicker than the slider mounting plate, pushed it behind the KDSS lines from the top, and then led the slider push the wedge out as I lifted it into place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom