Another HJ60 that won't start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Was out of town on business for about a month and a half and came back to start up the HJ60. Wouldn't start up when it did fine before I left. I checked the batteries with a mulitmeter and got readings of 11.75 and 12.00, so its not the batteries. When I try to start it, I can hear clicking like a little machine gun. Any ideas on what it might be? Not a wrencher, so laymen's terms would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Dead batteries, fo' sho'. Machine gun sound you hear is the relays spasming as it tries to close the starter solenoid and fails due to low voltage.

Hey Andrew,

Can I charge the batteries or jumpstart the car? I have a Battery Tender that can charge two batteries at once. Any issues if I plug it in? Not sure if there are any watchouts when dealing with a 24v system.

-John

Last edited:
I've jumped my 24V cruiser using a car hooked with jumpers to one battery and an engine starter to the other one. Worked fine. Could also use two cars, or two engine starters. Or just take the batteries out and charge them one at a time, or in parallel.

Usually one battery is lower than the other, if you jump to that battery you should get a start up.

The voltages you provided indicate dead batteries - depending on temps outside.

You should trickle charge your batteries for a few days to bring them back up (if they were good to begin with).

And disconnect them the next time you go away for any length of time.

~John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom