Another headlight discussion (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been looking at all threads and videos I can find the last week after I noticed my projectors aren’t able to move because the adjusters are broken. They point in all the wrong directions.
I’ve had some quotes from guys here on mid and explored the options. As much as want to have the best, I can’t convince myself to spend the $$ for the best.
I’m considering doing the morimoto bulbs here

I saw a YouTube video using these headlights from eBay (I know) and it’s gonna be a $500 options for everything roughly.
I’m not super patient and good with this stuff so this option seems to be best for me… wondering if anyone else has done this setup?

Do not use aftermarket headlights in the LX, find some used OEM's on eBay, or open your current ones and replace the adjusters. The availible options for LX470's on the A/M headlight side are truly garbage.

The H1 Kit from Morimoto is the correct one.

Reactions: jLB
There were different versions of the LX headlamps, with different adjusters. Take a pic of the backside. The adjusters might be broken but the headlamps might still be adjustable.

I’ll echo the sentiment that the Chinese aftermarket “halo” headlights, for the LX470, have limited adjustment, poor light output, and are a waste of money. OEM, or OEM with LED/HID retrofit would be the only options that I’d consider.

There were different versions of the LX headlamps, with different adjusters. Take a pic of the backside. The adjusters might be broken but the headlamps might still be adjustable.

Mine look like this…

758E3436-2B68-407F-A0D0-08F437726AA5.png

I’ll echo the sentiment that the Chinese aftermarket “halo” headlights, for the LX470, have limited adjustment, poor light output, and are a waste of money. OEM, or OEM with LED/HID retrofit would be the only options that I’d consider.
Here’s what it looks like from the front. It’s pointed at the ground.

6F97FC47-18B6-4756-91BC-B6464629F4FA.jpeg

That semi-vertical rod has a gear at the base that sometimes strips. The cover over the gear can be removed and the light still adjusted in that direction.

That semi-vertical rod has a gear at the base that sometimes strips. The cover over the gear can be removed and the light still adjusted in that direction.
Didn’t do any adjusting.. after further dismantling it appears broken for sure. I suppose I could replace the projector with the extensive list of parts and pieces and throw them in the oven etc…. Or just buy some new OEM from eBay for $400 each.
Or just buy the cheap ones and see how they hold up.

If you want to give up, that's fine. But it's pretty simple inside the headlamps. The assembly pivots on the top left. And there are two adjustment screws. At this point, I will suggest hitting up @Luke111 and maybe sending the headlamps out to him. The outcome will be better than both stock and aftermarket replacements.

img_5193-jpg.71692

Reactions: jLB
Didn’t do any adjusting.. after further dismantling it appears broken for sure. I suppose I could replace the projector with the extensive list of parts and pieces and throw them in the oven etc…. Or just buy some new OEM from eBay for $400 each.
Or just buy the cheap ones and see how they hold up.
If you want to give up, that's fine. But it's pretty simple inside the headlamps. The assembly pivots on the top left. And there are two adjustment screws. At this point, I will suggest hitting up @Luke111 and maybe sending the headlamps out to him. The outcome will be better than both stock and aftermarket replacements.

img_5193-jpg.71692
Thanks… I spoke to him.
I’m just not that confident in all the steps necessary to make it work right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom