BaT Another great BAT result! (1 Viewer)

Bring-a-Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

*cough* classifieds forum *cough*
I know I know... i was only THINKING. No plans to part with mine just yet. Just getting started w the build lol

Yes yes yes, keep driving the prices up, i'm hoping to sell mine for a good price when Toyota finally come out with a 6th gen 4runner.

Can anyone just sign up for BAT or you gotta have some kind of credentials before posting stuff for sale?

Can anyone just sign up for BAT or you gotta have some kind of credentials before posting stuff for sale?
They need to approve you vehicle for it to be listed.

Here is a cautionary tale...
I went to post... and here is what happened.
They "approve" you vehicle as long as it's a low reserve.
You are thinking $35k, but if reserve is not met BaT makes $0 (well your listing fee)
BaT's listing fee covers their cost... they are really after the 5%, so a reserve not met is worthless.
They will ask you to have a reserve of $22k on your 2006 LC, so they make at least $1100 on your sale.

Do the bone stock ones sell more, or would something cleanly modded like mine would get more money than a stock counterpart? If i can get at least $25,000 for mine, i'd consider selling it and grab a 200 series.

2007 213K miles, 2 owners, no accidents

Southern truck, rust free, all the major maintenance has been done.

50649466808_2b32f1bd81_h.jpg

50650303252_449d3861e7_h.jpg

50857832871_0b84551f64_h.jpg

One almost identical to this just sold...it was slightly older -very low mile though

Unlocked 1997 fzj80 w/ just under 200k and corrosion issues below went for 19K

I recently had a very good experience with Cars and Bids. Bring a Trailer turned down my 92 Land Cruiser but Cars and Bids is trying to grow so they wanted my LC. It is true they did work me for a lower reserve but only slightly lower and it frankly was a reasonable request. It sold for much more than the reserve so everyone was happy.

RKTINC

Honestly do you guys think i can get 25K for mine? If you believe so then i'll make an effort and an account to post it, need to detail the truck too.

Yup,

It's a feeding frenzy right now...stupid money being thrown down.

Just make sure you have the information/documentation folks will be looking for

It would work on Cars & Bids just as well, I'd imagine. Doug DeMuro has a huge following

Yeah i follow Doug, i like the guy and will support his business. He works hard to bring us all of the reviews, even though i don't agree with most of the things he says about certain cars.

I have everything, the service records, carfax, pics of under carriage on a lift, title on hand....etc

Yeah i follow Doug, i like the guy and will support his business. He works hard to bring us all of the reviews, even though i don't agree with most of the things he says about certain cars.

I have everything, the service records, carfax, pics of under carriage on a lift, title on hand....etc
What would it hurt? Give it a shot...

What would it hurt? Give it a shot...

It might hurt if it actually got sold, then i'll be sad. idk man i love this thing, it's just "right" you know? the size, the comfort, the looks, the cult following...the only reason for me to step up to a 200 is because i want that damn radar cruise control option, i drive a lot so that is a huge plus.

It might hurt if it actually got sold, then i'll be sad. idk man i love this thing, it's just "right" you know? the size, the comfort, the looks, the cult following...the only reason for me to step up to a 200 is because i want that damn radar cruise control option, i drive a lot so that is a huge plus.
It’s like selling your dog. Cant do it. I started with a 40, then 100, then an 80. I think about what these would sell for now, but I cant get myself to part with any of them. They are all perfect in their own way - the 40 is a chill never in a hurry vibe, the 80 is a 1990s solid as granite feel, and the Lexus can drive 2000 miles it total comfort loaded with kids and 4 dogs. It’s always been a tough choice on what to drive. Then I bought an old 911, and now I can’t even flip a 3-sided coin - more like which one isn’t getting enough love this week. I told my son this week if I got rid of the LX470, I would just go out and buy another 100 series. It’s just perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom