1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another exciting wheel/rim thread!

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by daner, Feb 26, 2007.

1. daner

daner

I've searched for hours but didnt find the answer, maybe someone will know off the top of their head: I'm currently running 4runner wheels on my 89 fj62, a little while back the passenger side spacer decided to part ways with the vehicle at 70 mph-my wife and I are ok but we never did find the wheel...Anyways, No more spacers! Thought I read somewhere that pre86 toyota 4x4 rims would fit? also would older land cruiser rims fit over the brake caliper? I'd prefer a stock looking steel wheel, I never liked the stock chrome spokes and don't want aftermarket wagon wheels etc. Thanks, Duane
    Also, if anyone has a set for sale cheap in Southern Oregon or Northern Cal (North of Redding) let me know, need to get this thing roadworthy again!

2. GulfShoresFJ60

GulfShoresFJ60

One problem with running a stock Toyota rim is that they are usually narrow. It kind of depends on the tire you are running or wanting to run.

3. agent orange

agent orange

As long as its 6 on 5.5 and 3.5 in backspacing or less it will work. You figure out what you want from there.

4. daner

daner

I can handle the narrow part, I'm hoping to run between a 31-10.50 to 33-10.50 and most places will install that big of a tire, I know some places will say that it can't be done. (liability, I assume) Anyone have a set laying around? I'll put a post in the "wanted" as well, thanks, Duane