Another coil thread đŸ¥´ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 3/1977 fj40. It has the original coil, igniter, external resister. I have read for days on threads. Get this ohm for this, that ohm coil for that… does anyone here have any links or part numbers to help me keep my 40 bone stock. For a coil and external resistor ?! Bone stock, carb, points, old vac advance dizzy etc.

Last edited:
I have a 3/1977 fj40. It has the original coil, igniter, external resister. I have read for days on threads. Get this ohm for this, that ohm coil for that… does anyone here have any links or part numbers to help me keep my 40 bone stock. For a coil and external resistor ?! Bone stock, carb, points, old vac advance dizzy etc.
You might want to reach out to @ToyotaMatt or @65swb45 . I believe that either one can hook you up or at least get you pointed in the right direction.

Yours is very close to mine (just three months older). I think we're in the minority having the opinion that stock is desirable. Kudos.

If your igniter is toast (mine was) it can be repaired. Check your coil per the FSM, they rarely go bad.

Yours is very close to mine (just three months older). I think we're in the minority having the opinion that stock is desirable. Kudos.

If your igniter is toast (mine was) it can be repaired. Check your coil per the FSM, they rarely go bad.
My coil is good. Just restored mine and wanted a spare.

My coil is good. Just restored mine and wanted a spare.
Well, I leave next Wednesday and I’m going up and down the blue ridge parkway and will need several spare things just in case. It’ll be all backroads and about 1,500 miles at least.

I bought mine for two reasons: a) it wasn't a house payment, and b) less the jack and handles, it was all there.

I'm going through it system by system to make sure everything is at least serviceable. I am not planning a restoration, or even what is often referred to as a baseline - my immediate goal is to get it safely and reliably running. It was farm stored for years and bought, then ignored for a few more, before I got it.

Feel free to pm me if you want to compare notes.

I bought mine for two reasons: a) it wasn't a house payment, and b) less the jack and handles, it was all there.

I'm going through it system by system to make sure everything is at least serviceable. I am not planning a restoration, or even what is often referred to as a baseline - my immediate goal is to get it safely and reliably running. It was farm stored for years and bought, then ignored for a few more, before I got it.

Feel free to pm me if you want to compare notes.
Absolutely, thank you. If you’ve got instagram my build is @7740story. I started out wanting to redo a few small parts, and fell face first down that rabbit hole.

22DD8AFD-F2D6-42E3-83D0-75CEDC9AA55F.jpeg

City Racers distributor is a plug and play with original coil and ignitor on a 1977. My original distributor bushings wore out and I could no longer get accurate gap to stay. Bought City Racer's. Works perfect with my 45 year old this month coil and ignitor. Points last a long time with this set up.

- i include all mounting hardware bolts and the bracket for a cylinder head direct bolt on application or a fender mounted location ..

- please take a moment and review the TECH Video i produced below , i designed the closets possible thing to a FULL ON SNOW VERSION . COLD Spec. ignition kit using this exact GENUINE JAPAN Denso Coil below incorporated , adding weather boots among other Exclusive features you WILL NOT find any where else , because i personally hand build each KIT from scratch .... :cool:

1666336501617.png

1666336539811.png

snow veresion .jpg

- i include all mounting hardware bolts and the bracket for a cylinder head direct bolt on application or a fender mounted location ..

- please take a moment and review the TECH Video i produced below , i designed the closets possible thing to a FULL ON SNOW VERSION . COLD Spec. ignition kit using this exact GENUINE JAPAN Denso Coil below incorporated , adding weather boots among other Exclusive features you WILL NOT find any where else , because i personally hand build each KIT from scratch .... :cool:

View attachment 3146218

View attachment 3146219

are these available? they seem sold out on your web site would like to order a set when they become available again.

are these available? they seem sold out on your web site would like to order a set when they become available again.

i have 1 currently available

i just adjusted my inventory to reflect qty 1

sorry for the confusion

kindly matt

your GOOD TO GO !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom