Another 45 restoration (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The last pic was what he started with and cut it down to fit in the smaller area. and the last one is of the air cleaner housing he made to attach to the air inlet. look above at previously older pics and you can see the sequence to make more sense of the pieces.

7A1570C5-D441-4304-98C3-7A32998D64E4.jpeg

C367C1D8-E6F8-49A8-8DB2-28DE9B276698.jpeg

7AE9112E-BFEC-4AB7-85B1-5B829F24C78E.jpeg

BB1744BC-5678-44C9-8B35-376A20AFDF5A.jpeg

3C19FD77-CA22-43D6-8AD5-6B7287615EF7.jpeg

Skip, amazing fabrication! Well done! You must be a multi millionaire, or your fab guy works for free!!! I cant even comprehend the hours of metal fab!!! I sure hope you can start enjoying this long build! My old green goblin build was 5 years( felt like 10!) the feeling you get when it runs and drives under its own power is worth the wait!! 🍺👍

Skip, amazing fabrication! Well done! You must be a multi millionaire, or your fab guy works for free!!! I cant even comprehend the hours of metal fab!!! I sure hope you can start enjoying this long build! My old green goblin build was 5 years( felt like 10!) the feeling you get when it runs and drives under its own power is worth the wait!! 🍺👍
Whitey, Ya it has been a labor of love the amount of time is approaching 1800 hours and we are almost there paint and putting it together, I am guessing 2200 or so but the hour charge makes up for it. i am 6 years into this project can’t turn back now, it will be special.

LOOK 👀 LOOK Ron says we’re done with the turbo air cleaner and inner cooler piping all hand fabricated as you can see, and just finishing up on the water pump too the inner cooler, oil cooler (engine) and running the water lines, it is a thing of beauty.

AB92AB40-5316-4EF0-A4FB-F2C5764B7DA7.jpeg

09965B3D-ED00-4641-8B57-0A333ED76179.jpeg

5124F653-5C44-47AE-BC61-CD680E5C59F7.jpeg

Last edited:
Been awhile but Ron has been working to get the tear down accomplished and is just about there with the final things that may have been missed in the build. Yes the 45 is at the paint stage. I will be going up the end of July to take some stuff i had powder coated and l i am really excited to be in this stage. Additionally I took some hardware and parts to get gold zink coated for both of my projects in process. Below is a pic of the pile, I started to separate the big pile and i am pleased fo the work
A&A plating did it makes the pieces look new. not pictured are some bigger pieces that I had done also.

IMG_2599.jpeg

Well the time is here to take some stuff to sandblasting or to the powder coater to do both, Ron has done a spectacular job with prepping the parts that are pictured along with not pictured the bed. Things are moving and that makes us both real happy. it has been an over the top project getting it to this stage not many people would have taken this on and held up the standard that Ron has. Bumpers wili be removed as well as any other pieces that need be

IMG_0755.jpeg

IMG_0756.jpeg

IMG_0757.jpeg

IMG_0758.jpeg

IMG_0760.jpeg

All loaded up and ready after being checked and double checked for fit. This frame has turned out way above my expectations after it comes back from sand blast the coating goes on and back together. Ron has the body parts in prep process and i will get some pics of the work he is doing in the prep department sanding etal.

IMG_2624.jpeg

IMG_2619.jpeg

IMG_2617.jpeg

IMG_2622.jpeg

IMG_2624.jpeg

Ron picked up the sandblasted frame and is ready to start prepping and painting it. I am very happy that we are at that stage and going back together.
The thought is once back to the roller stage and as the body parts are painted assembly can move forward.

incredible

Typically I have sealed the metal with DTM (direct to metal) epoxy before skim. This seals the metal to prevent rust. Did not keep track of all thats done on the frame to know of this was done. You maybe fine on a frame.

Last edited:
Here showing some prep work on the frame and front fenders. Frame is in primer still needing final sand and skim if necessary. The fenders are rough sanded and skimmed waiting for primer so progress is in the wind. All the indentations are for the air over water inner cooler for the set up on the Mercedes 606 as seen in previous pics.
IMG_0807[1].jpeg

IMG_0800[1].jpeg

IMG_0804[1].jpeg

IMG_0806[1].jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom