Annual pilgrammage to the holy land (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, do we have plans to go back this fall...especially given the partial closure?
The closure got me to thinking though. If we can still make it to the bald, it could still be a good camping and mountain biking trip. I'm getting more into the biking thing, and it seems like the trails around there are pretty good for that, and we could probably still ride on the "closed" trails since its not a motor vehicle. I don't know about the land to sea trail and whether that's allowed or not, but might be fun too.

I would like to. I love that place. But there seems to be some PANSY mentality going on that I'm not really understanding. Heck I couldn't even find the trial head again if I wanted to though.

From the other thread it all seems to be completely closed down.

I would have loved to camp at that place. I say the same thing about tellico.

Del

just a heads up on the Mountain to Sea trail... Im not positive but pretty certain no bikes allowed.
But the other trails wouldnt be bad. Especially if we could camp at top and make runs down the mtn to a waiting pickup :D

Let's do it.
Surely we can find something open up there.
b

I'll get ya up there.... in my best Quint voice (the old guy from Jaws if ya don't remember his name)

I'm from Sylva and my good friend knows the area better than anyone and everythings closed and moses ck is going to be seasonal. Sugar may be open and i would think 281 is open.

Let's do it.
Surely we can find something open up there.
b

Wow.....that sucks. Hate to say I saw the writing on the wall, but when I started converting my truck to mostly street duty this spring, I had a feeling this is where everything was going.

If something drastic isn't done soon, there won't be anywhere but private land left and that will surely be the next target of the huggers. Once the remote areas are closed, the huggers will home in on Rubicon and Moab like moths to the flame. There are two distinct advantages those places have over the rest, but they are under constant attack anyway. Rubicon is a state road that accesses private land....which means it can't be closed....but it can be "paved" similar to what happened on Tellico trail 5, etc. Moab is under attack, but they can't cite erosion as the main reason it should go away. That place is nearly 90% rock. If they close that though, an entire town will nearly melt away. No way that arches alone can support the entire town at it's current size.

F-ing huggers....:bang:

This makes me sad more than anything else :frown:. It was the first place I ever wheeled the 80 much less ever did any real wheeling. By far it's my favorite. I guess at least I got to wheel it once...but would love to go back.

Maybe things will change after a few years, who knows...I'll try to keep a positive attitude (tucked away in the back of my mind).

Man this is so frustrating to see all of these great areas be taken for no other reasons than principle by the greenies. They take it back, do nothing with it, and move on to the next cool place we love.

Looks like the # of all terrains sold is going to go up quite a bit in the coming years since there will be no dirt to drive on... bummed

I thought our group made a great impression last year with Ranger Rick stopping by. Great chat and had collected more trash then we brought in. never saw a green peacer anywhere all those days on the trail. Whats the deal? Ranger rick was tough enough to pack the heat but not smart enough to use it on the hippies closing down the place. I hope he knows he is going to lose his job as there will be nothing and or no reason to patrol the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom