This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.
I hate to disclose this kind of information over the net, but I saw a very easy way to disable my '95 factory alarm once I found where they mounted the alarm box. There's actually an off switch.
There's a simple solution to this. If you have the same alarm as I do on my 93'. Follow these steps to place the alarm into, and out of, valet mode. When in valet mode the alarm is disabled. You'll need to repeat this process anytime there's a power failure, or the battery is momemterily disconnected. The alarmshouldn't return to normal mode unless there's a power failure, so no need to do this everytime you enter or exit the vehicle.
By the way, this is from an official alarm quick reference guide.
1) Turn the ignition key to off.
2) Turn the ignition key to the ACC position.
3) Press the valet switch down until the LED on the status monitor turns on.
* The system is now in the valet mode (system will not arm when the door is closed)
4) Remove the key, exit the vehicle and close all doors.
To rearm the alarm, repeat process above. LED will extinguish.
This should do the trick.