Anderson 50A flush mounted outlet option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

work out perfect even on a 4bylabs front

DSCN3061.JPG

DSCN3063.JPG

Got them! I love the little led to show there is power at the fixture. Thank you for all your effort.
I got the extra pieces to make sure that it was perfect. Glad you like them and got them quickly.

I have more available if anyone needs them PM me.

These things are cool as heck. I'd like to buy one but all I need right now is a flush mount for the back of the 80's center console to power the fridge.
Would have been nice when I was doing my bumper. For that I used Anderson's "environmental boot" I think it's called. Looks like this:

I mounted it with a hose clamp on the flat part above the +/- markings, but you could put the screws through it. Not exactly "flush mount" though, unfortunately.

sb-boot-3.jpg

If anyone has an idea for a flush plug for the fridge in the console let me know.

Well I got a Wits End flush mount bracket and while I havent mounted it yet its a very nice product. It'll make the job super easy. And professional looking! Not like the mess I was gonna make. ; )

G'Day Fella's,

Whilst I like this idea, I'm not that impressed by your outlet's, mounting location.
I'd place it in a location higher up and probably behind your forward protection (the Hopper-Stopper).

Please think about the likelihood of this outlet being hit by sticks and trees in the bush, stones etc from other on-road users, animals and then there is always Water Crossings.

Hope that helps

D'oh!
Homer

G'Day Fella's,

Further to this, here are some images of my Anderson plug set up (RHD-BJ73) and it's dust cover. I use this primarily to connect my portable solar panel's to (for charging this auxiliary battery) but it could also be used, to draw current from the battery.

Under the bonnet-BJ73.JPG

Twin Batteries.JPG

Anderson Plug and dust cover.JPG

Also and FYI, my manual and internally located, battery isolator switch.
Batter Isolator.JPG

Hope that helps

D'oh!
Homer

Last edited:
How are you guys using a single port for solar and wall charging and 12v out? Are you running a solar controller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom