Amplifier fan constantly on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the factory sound system, head unit, the whole nine yards. This morning I go out to the truck and I hear the amp fan running before the tuck is even started. The amp fan has now been running all day with the ignition off. What causes this? It's going to kill my battery if I don't find a solution.

Maybe it has a temp switch that turns it on and the switch is messed up? This might be what I hear too sometimes but didn't know what is was. The LX is so frigging quiet inside that you could hear a pin drop.

The fan ran for 10 hours straight today while I was at work. I came home and disconnected the battery for a few minutes, that didn't fix anything. I'll do some research on the temp switch. Mark Levinson equipment is so wide spread it's nearly impossible to research specific faults. Anyone got a used amp they want to sell if it comes down to it?

After doing a lot of reading, it appears United Radio is the trusted source for repairing ML amps. I called them up and they had never heard of the fan staying on constantly, but they would refurbish the entire amp for $475. Pretty expensive, but these amps apparently are worth a fortune.

If it's working otherwise maybe they can fix the fan issue instead of a refurb? It could be the fan isn't working well enough to cool the amp so it stays on. Bearing are probably shot on the fan.

After doing a lot of reading, it appears United Radio is the trusted source for repairing ML amps. I called them up and they had never heard of the fan staying on constantly, but they would refurbish the entire amp for $475. Pretty expensive, but these amps apparently are worth a fortune.
I realize this thread is 6 years old but if you're still on mud and found a solution to this I would love to know. Having the same issue. Also all audio cut out at the same time I noticed the fan. Leads me to believe the temp sensor or something is the issue causing an overheat that cuts the audio out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom