amp hookup to stock cd player (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My borther got me a pair of 12'' subs to go in the back of the 80. with them is an amp but i noticed on the back of the cd player there doesnt seem anywhere to hook up the amp. how do i hook up an amp to the stock unit. thanks

Run seperate power from the battery with an appropriate guage wire and fuse. Amp remote turn on power can come from the power antenna out on the head unit. I used pre-amped speaker output from before the rear amp that powers the rear "sub-woofer" and threw that piece of crap in the bushes.

Gumby, not sure i totally follow you. i understand how to set most of the subwoofer system up its just i dont totally understand how to hook the amp to the back of the stock player?

Well, it doesn't have pre-amp outputs for a RCA plug. You have to make do. I wired it up off of the pre-amp outputs that go into the rear amp. You have to find which ones they are, cut 'em off and re-wire them to fit your amp.

Or buy a head unit with pre-amp RCA outs.

Hmmm. seems more trouble than its worth almost. and what rear amp are you talking about?

so gumby, you had to kinda splice into the rear amp. i dont know how to do that but i know someone how may be able to help me. also the player is from a 97 that i am putting in. do these new unti have pre amp outputs.

No, they dont have preamp outputs. Basically any factory deck will not have any preamp outputs. If your on a real tight budget, then yea just go with what Gumby was saying. If you do have a few dollars to spend, go and get a nice cheap alpine cdplayer. It will probably run you about $150-175 (depending on how much you can get the adapters for), but it will def. be worth it. The sound from the speakers will be much better, and you'll have preamps making the install 1000 times easier. Thats just my personal opinion.

-Bryan

i did but a nice panasonic player at first with a pre out but now adapter fix would work right for installing the player. i had to cut the dash to make it fit and my dad pretty much stopped that. he did want me hacking up the dash so i went in with me and bought a player out of a 97 to put in it. its to late to put another player in it so its either do the hard thing gumby is talking about or live with out subs which i guess i may have to do. i figure if i can get some decent front speakers that satifsfy me so know i am looking for some that will fit right in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom