Builds Amazing 1996 FJZ80 with 55,400 Original Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Indygbd

SILVER Star
Threads
When I saw this, I knew it was special. It's out of my comfort zone since I collect fj25's and 40's.
1996 Toyota Land Cruiser. 1 owner, never driven in the snow. 55,407 original miles. Rust proofed at Ziebart new.
Wonder how long I will keep this one? It's so nice I'm afraid to drive it!
Every receipt since new. I believe I even have every registration since new!
Truly one of the nicest in the country. It even still has it's original Michelin tires.
Below are some photos. Keep in mind this is how I found it. I haven't even washed it or swept it out yet. Original floor mats were never even put in the vehicle.

20190810_193120.jpg

20190810_184231.jpg

20190810_183940.jpg

20190810_184331.jpg

Yeah....but does the D light work?! :D

But seriously, I don't know if a low mileage 80 in and of itself is that collectible quite yet. The 80s I feel are collectible are the rare 80s that were sent over here (poverty pack, no sunroof, etc).

I bought my current 80 a few years ago with only 99k miles but it didn't come with port installed garbage, has lockers and is a Sage 40th anniversary. Probably not as nice inside as this though.

This is a nice 80 and certainly well worth owning. Not sure I'd be worried about driving it as is.

Last edited:
FZJ's came stock with Michelins? Impressive number of miles and years on them. It's a beauty!

Yeah....but does the D light work?! :D

But seriously, I don't know if a low mileage 80 in and of itself is that collectible quite yet. The 80s I feel are collectible are the rare 80s that were sent over here (poverty pack, no sunroof, etc).

I bought my current 80 a few years ago with only 99k miles but it didn't come with port installed garbage, has lockers and is a Sage 40th anniversary. Probably not as nice inside as this though.

This is a nice 80 and certainly well worth owning. Not sure I'd be worried about driving it as is.

20190810_205845.jpg

I'm not going to ask how much you paid....but will ask where / how did you find this one?

Thanks!
I paid a lot more than KBB or NADA said its worth. A friend of mine told me about it. Little old man bought it new when he was in his late 60's. It was his baby. He just passed away at the age of 92. Since im a Cruiser guy he told me about it. At first I said I was not interested in it. Then I went to look at it.

When I saw this, I knew it was special. It's out of my comfort zone since I collect fj25's and 40's.
1996 Toyota Land Cruiser. 1 owner, never driven in the snow. 55,407 original miles. Rust proofed at Ziebart new.
Wonder how long I will keep this one? It's so nice I'm afraid to drive it!
Every receipt since new. I believe I even have every registration since new!
Truly one of the nicest in the country. It even still has it's original Michelin tires.
Below are some photos. Keep in mind this is how I found it. I haven't even washed it or swept it out yet. Original floor mats were never even put in the vehicle.

View attachment 2054668

View attachment 2054671

View attachment 2054672

View attachment 2054673
Pure envy. That’s incredible!

Cool find.

Will need $s to get it up to snuff and I’d do it sooner than later given NLA oem parts over time. This will need a thorough refreshing starting with those tires. Too bad no lockers. Color is ok. I would swipe your mats, seats , steering wheel. :)

Insuring it for DD in LA would be a show stopper for me. These are classic cars now, but few classic cars can actually handle modern day rigors like the 80 so companies just don’t know how to handle this niche workload. It sits kind of in a no man’s land atm and the super low mileage only exacerbates the 1st world prob.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom