For Sale Amarillo TX, 1982 Toyota Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Gray
Outside Link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BW9geZ1Qiovp9R5w8
1982 FJ60 350 V8 swapped. Highly modified overland build, ready for anything. Great trail rig or street legal beast. Selling because I took a new job and am moving cross country.

Asking $30K OBO. Clean Texas title in my name.

Modifications:
350 v8 swap
Oversized Aluminium radiator
35" Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar tires, full size spare (in great condition)
Basic aftermarket steel rims
10,000# Smittybuilt synthetic winch (with remote & backup wiring)
Factor 55 Shackle
ARB front & rear bumpers
ARB Side Rails
Rocksliders
Swing out Spare Carrier (with 2x Jerry can's & hylift jack)
Roof Rack
ARB tent, mattress, ladder & extension
ARB awning
ARB Annex
Built in rear storage
CB radio & antenna
LED light bar
LED Headlights
Ditch lights
Old Man EMU leaf springs
Rancho struts/lift
Rear armor over gas tank
Dual batteries
Battery Isolator
Oversized mirrors
Front passenger grab bar
Aftermarket radio & speakers
Toyota Inclinometer
Front Differential Breather
Tinted Windows
Aftermarket center console (keyed & locking with cup holders)
Aftermarket security system
Fire extinguisher

The Good:
Clean & dry truck
Proven 350 (with tons of parts availability anywhere)
Tastefully modified with lots of the best original components & character intact
New carpet
New headliner
Seats and dash are covered

The Bad(ish):
Exterior hood paint bubbled and chipped in two spots (recent quote to repaint was $400)
Some trail scars/scratches
Door jams & engine bay not painted
No AC added back after engine swap
Front driver window hard to crank (needs new regulator); still goes up and down ok
Power steering box has a slight leak
Transfer case has a slight leak
Gas tent not venting all the time
Original temp. gauge not working (new temp gauge installed below steering wheel on driver side

Will throw in Toyota manuals, repair guides, misc. parts. I can send any additional pictures requested.

Walk Around:
Cold Start:

Thanks,
Ryan

IMG_9314.JPG

IMG_9316.JPG

IMG_9334.JPG

IMG_9378.JPG

InG_2964.JPG

You know my man Casey? GLWS this is a beauty! If it were me, I’d transport it and store it for a bit vs selling. I have an amazing shipper I used in Dec 2021 if you need.

Need better and more pics for this price point. Engine, under carriage, all defects, door jambs, wheel wells, transfer case, what transmission?, all other electrical working?, history of truck, where did it live before you had it?.

You know my man Casey? GLWS this is a beauty! If it were me, I’d transport it and store it for a bit vs selling. I have an amazing shipper I used in Dec 2021 if you need.
Hey mudpaws - nope, don’t know Casey. Moving it is always an option, can you PM me your shippers contact info? I have a couple vehicles I might need moved and it’s always good to have a solid shipper. Thanks!

Need better and more pics for this price point. Engine, under carriage, all defects, door jambs, wheel wells, transfer case, what transmission?, all other electrical working?, history of truck, where did it live before you had it?.
I am working on getting some other pictures online. Should be up shortly, I’ll post a link.

More photos in external link. Thanks for looking.

Looks awesome!

Couple questions, I'm newer so apologies if they're dumb -

What does 'gas tent not venting' mean? Is that a component on the Cruiser, or something to do with the tent?

Also, which 350 motor did you put in?

Thanks in advance!

Forgot to add - after the swap did you save all the AC parts from the original so it could be added in later? Or would adding it back be from scratch?

Thanks again!

Looks awesome!

What does 'gas tent not venting' mean? Is that a component on the Cruiser, or something to do with the tent?

Thanks in advance!
Looks awesome!

Thanks in advance!
Thanks - there is probably a more technical term, but when you go to pump gas sometime the pump stops short from Pressure building in the tank. It’s an annoyance I haven’t fixed yet.

I didn’t personally do the swap, so not 100% but the exhaust manifold is stamped 14094063L4 which Should be an 87-92 350 from what I have found online.

Forgot to add - after the swap did you save all the AC parts from the original so it could be added in later? Or would adding it back be from scratch?

Thanks again!
I don’t have any of the original AC parts. I assume you would need a 350 mounting bracket, compressor, etc… Summit racing has a few kits for $400-800, but I haven’t really gone any deeper into the feasibility and cost than that.

Sorry that’s not a ton of help, but I do think it could be done.

She looks a little different now. Watched the whole original build on this one out here in Oregon. We built a few cool 60's and I'm sure we all regret selling them.

Good morning - I'm interested and have several questions:
1. What are the transmission details - Make & model? Assuming engine and transmission work happened all at once - who did the work? 4 speed or 5? low 1st gear & highway 5th? What is your performance experience off-road and at highway speed?
2. Is it the original transfer case? Do you know the source of the leak? What is the quality of L4 and H4 operation?
3. Can the dual battery set-up operate a fridge or similar accessories?
4. In your experience is the vehicle suited for long road trips?
5. What are your preferences for navigating a long distance sale and what is your timetable for doing so with your job/moving situation? I'm in Michigan...
Thanks for considering these questions...I may have more if you don't mind.
-David

Good morning - I'm interested and have several questions:
1. What are the transmission details - Make & model? Assuming engine and transmission work happened all at once - who did the work? 4 speed or 5? low 1st gear & highway 5th? What is your performance experience off-road and at highway speed?
2. Is it the original transfer case? Do you know the source of the leak? What is the quality of L4 and H4 operation?
3. Can the dual battery set-up operate a fridge or similar accessories?
4. In your experience is the vehicle suited for long road trips?
5. What are your preferences for navigating a long distance sale and what is your timetable for doing so with your job/moving situation? I'm in Michigan...
Thanks for considering these questions...I may have more if you don't mind.
-David
Hey David,

Sorry for the delay, you caught me during closing and the move.

1. 700R4 transmission, so 4 speed, unknown builder. It’s very capable off-road, will cruise at 60 mph, but not much beyond that. FJ60’s are happy at 60 and this one is happier on dirt.
2. Yes, I believe this is the original transfer case, but it has custom shifters. I am unsure on the source of the leak but it is relatively minor. I haven’t tracked it down yet. 4WD is fine.
3. I’m unsure, but I assume yes.
4. From a reliability perspective yes, but it’s not going to go anywhere fast. If your covering a lot of backroads it’s great. If your driving 75 or 94 in Michigan you’ll live in the right lane.
5. I am flexible at this point. The FJ60 is at my buddies in TX. I am making plans to have it moved, but have a bit of time before it wears out it’s welcome with him.

Thanks!

How far from Minneapolis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom