Am I taking crazy pills? No Volume on my '13 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've lost sound, and I can't figure out the next course of action. I used to get volume "00" but now I don't get any number when I turn the volume knob. I can't adjust the fade or anything.

I'm aware of this thread: No sound from speakers and no volume control. PLEASE HELP. 2013 Cruiser - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/no-sound-from-speakers-and-no-volume-control-please-help-2013-cruiser.1216353/

I tried everything--check fuses, reset console by unhooking the unit for 50 mins, etc.

A few hints:

1) my DVD player doesn't work at all. I can't get it to play even on the main console (not the one in the ceiling).
2) I'm unable to get the screen down on my ceiling DVD player. I know that the remote works, because it works fine on my 09 LC.

I took a few pics. I even took one of the back of the unit. I had Grom installed, but I removed those cables. I just want to ensure that everything is plugged in correctly.

Any help would be most welcome!!

IMG_4246.JPG

IMG_4247.JPG

IMG_4248.JPG

Maybe not helpful but sometimes if I have a dvd in the head unit and somehow linked it to the rear then I can’t change the volume or inputs until it decides to not suck. I haven’t had that happen in a while though. Once I eject the dvd it’s fine.

Maybe not helpful but sometimes if I have a dvd in the head unit and somehow linked it to the rear then I can’t change the volume or inputs until it decides to not suck. I haven’t had that happen in a while though. Once I eject the dvd it’s fine.
I just tried this but no luck…

I have an 09 LC, so can I swap head units? They are a little different. I’m just afraid that I’ll fry something.

Is it no volume numbers showing up when turning the volume knob? With complete dead silence from the audio system? No beebs when operating the touch screen?

Here is how I resolved mine. I have a 2013 LX with ML sound system and DVD entertainment. First, let's make sure the symptoms are the same.
1. No sound, no matter the audio system's mode. Not even beeps from the touchscreen input.
2. No numbers or scale when turning the volume control knob up and down
3. The screens for the backseat would not turn on. They were dead.
4. I Had the amp checked by United audio in NY. Amp checked good.

The fix:

TOYOTA 86104-60010 CONTROLLER SUB-ASSY​

I was very reluctant to spend over $1000.00 on a guess. I also had my local Toyota dealer troubleshoot it for a couple of days and they insisted it was the amp.

This piece is under the front passenger seat.

Reach out if I can help.

Here is how I resolved mine. I have a 2013 LX with ML sound system and DVD entertainment. First, let's make sure the symptoms are the same.
1. No sound, no matter the audio system's mode. Not even beeps from the touchscreen input.
2. No numbers or scale when turning the volume control knob up and down
3. The screens for the backseat would not turn on. They were dead.
4. I Had the amp checked by United audio in NY. Amp checked good.

The fix:

TOYOTA 86104-60010 CONTROLLER SUB-ASSY​

I was very reluctant to spend over $1000.00 on a guess. I also had my local Toyota dealer troubleshoot it for a couple of days and they insisted it was the amp.

This piece is under the front passenger seat.

Reach out if I can help.
I know this thread is old, but sharing some info for the next guy.

You can use the diagnostics menu on the screen to see which component on the MOST bus is no longer communicating.

In this case REAR is the multi media display module mentioned above . EMV-M is the head unit.

I eventually fixed the issue here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom