Am I going to hate myself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LOL.

I can haul myself, wife, 2 kids and a dog + our luggage in Sequoia, cannot even come close to that in LC200. Add in much better ride, connected services, remote start, Carplay, Blue ray for kids, 33% better gas mileage, it is far far best for family on trips.

As I said, they are different vehicles, that do different things well. You have to decide what you do.

Have family? Sequoia will likely meet needs better. Single? LC200 is probably better choice.

I would also add there is a load of new vehicles coming out over next year or so, they are also worth a look.

This is why I said the the cargo area is bigger…

The ride? I would have to argue the LX and LC ride much better than the sequoia, but that is subjective.

LC and LX can have remote start added if it did not get added on at the port

33% better gas mileage? What are you talking about?

CarPlay you have me on, but that can easily be navigated by an arm mount attached to a vent with a large phone display… hardly a big deal.

Sequoia ride is NOT good. LC200 is better for sure.

This is why I said the the cargo area is bigger…

The ride? I would have to argue the LX and LC ride much better than the sequoia, but that is subjective.

LC and LX can have remote start added if it did not get added on at the port

33% better gas mileage? What are you talking about?

CarPlay you have me on, but that can easily be navigated by an arm mount attached to a vent with a large phone display… hardly a big deal.

Well I do not know about a 13LX, but for 21s Platinum rides way better, especially at highway speeds (75+) which we have a lot of in Texas and SW.

Again, do not know about 13LX, but for 21s, 13.5mpg LC200, 18mpg Sequoia, = 33% better mileage. LC200 drops significantly over 65mph. Sequoia not so much.

I use large phone on LC200, it is not same as big built-in screen. And the connected features are really nice to have.

Again, two different vehicles for two different purposes. OP has to decide which he needs most. But paying $56K for platinum features while losing LX seems crazy to me.

Well I do not know about a 13LX, but for 21s Platinum rides way better, especially at highway speeds (75+) which we have a lot of in Texas and SW.

Again, do not know about 13LX, but for 21s, 13.5mpg LC200, 18mpg Sequoia, = 33% better mileage. LC200 drops significantly over 65mph. Sequoia not so much.

I use large phone on LC200, it is not same as big built-in screen. And the connected features are really nice to have.

Again, two different vehicles for two different purposes. OP has to decide which he needs most. But paying $56K for platinum features while losing LX seems crazy to me.
Not sure about your car, but Sequoia ride has NEVER been its strong point. Ridiculed in fact. Floaty. Poor handling, no better than LC despite IFS/IRS.

In fact, according to MT Figure 8 test, Sequoia is way behind LC200 and LX in its time...despite independent suspensions all around.

As for gas mileage, EPA tells a similar story b/w the two.

Last edited:
Is it really 2k of maintenance, reading this form, AHC globe replacement is right around the corner. The truck is starting to “loosen up” meaning it’s not as quite as it used to be and it’s value is decent right now. I am looking at a 2017 LX with 35,000, but the infotainment screen not being a touch screen is ridiculous. Not in a rush, but I am going to drive the Sequoia this week.

An AHC flush is the service you're after to wake the suspension up. Very affordable.

If infotainment systems and screens are a top item for you, pre-2023 Toyotas may not be for you. The company didn't invest in them, it shows, and has been discussed ad nauseum.

There's no way I would move to a Seq over the LX unless interior room was absolutely req'd. Then again, my screen stays turned off, the radio defaults to my phone, and I value functional reliability higher than most folks.

Not sure about your car, but Sequoia ride has NEVER been its strong point. Ridiculed in fact. Floaty. Poor handling, no better than LC despite IFS/IRS.

In fact, according to MT Figure 8 test, Sequoia is way behind LC200 and LX in its time (2 seconds i think)...despite independent suspensions all around.

As for gas mileage, EPA tells a similar story b/w the two.

"Sequoia" is a broad brush. Yes older SR5s were not as good as competition. But OP is talking about a 20 Platinum which is same as my 21 Platinum.

Relying on EPA for gas mileage - ROFL.

Real world lesson - drive and see for yourself before making a buying decision.

"Sequoia" is a broad brush. Yes older SR5s were not as good as competition. But OP is talking about a 20 Platinum which is same as my 21 Platinum.

Relying on EPA for gas mileage - ROFL.

Real world lesson - drive and see for yourself before making a buying decision.
Per MT Figure 8:

2016 LC200: 27.8 seconds.

2017 Sequoia 4wd PLATINUM: 29.1 seconds.

LC200 can pull more G's...brake to a shorter distance than Sequoia.

So while your butt dyno may say one thing, facts are facts.

Per MT Figure 8:

2016 LC200: 27.8 seconds.

2017 Sequoia 4wd PLATINUM: 29.1 seconds.

LC200 can pull more G's...brake to a shorter distance than Sequoia.

So while your butt dyno may say one thing, facts are facts.
Well if I ever find myself in a real world need to run a MT figure 8, I will keep that in mind. Cause that 1.3 seconds is a real game changer.

Meanwhile since I drive mostly on interstates which are devoid of MT figure 8s, I will rely on my butt DYNO since it delivers the most accurate picture of my comfort and happiness.

Well if I ever find myself in a real world need to run a MT figure 8, I will keep that in mind. Cause that 1.3 seconds is a real game changer.

Meanwhile since I drive mostly on interstates which are devoid of MT figure 8s, I will rely on my butt DYNO since it delivers the most accurate picture of my comfort and happiness.
It is not just about handling...it is about emergency maneuvers that may make a difference in the REAL world. The same goes for braking.

Just saying...your claims lack data to support them.

Look, the Sequoia is a great reliable SUV that is great if you want minivan-like room. But that is about it. It is cheap inside. Ride is worst than LC. It can't off-road much. And it is a gas guzzler just like LC. 6-speed auto, 6000 lbs, final drive ratio, brick wall design...it is not gonna get better mileage than LC. If you're getting 33% better, then that is you wishing it rather than facts.

It is not just about handling...it is about emergency maneuvers that may make a difference in the REAL world. The same goes for braking.

When I say "rides better" I am not talking about handling or executing emergency maneuvers or even braking. I am talking about ride quality as it goes down a normal road. In this regard, that is about absorbing bumps, road noise, buffeting, sitting comfort, steering comfort, etc. And it is better, not just my opinion but also of my passengers and dog which also prefer it for ride quality.

Look, the Sequoia is a great reliable SUV that is great if you want minivan-like room. But that is about it. It is cheap inside. Ride is worst than LC. It can't off-road much. And it is a gas guzzler just like LC. 6-speed auto, 6000 lbs, final drive ratio, brick wall design...it is not gonna get better mileage than LC. If you're getting 33% better, then that is you wishing it rather than facts.

I think the guy who does not own one, is the one wishing it.

Sorry if I am not in the hate anything that is not a Land Cruiser club.

And I like Four Runners too! and have a Tundra on the way! And dare I say it? I still have a CJ-7. I am sure you can tell me everything wrong with them and why an LC is better too.

I think the guy who does not own one, is the one wishing it.

Sorry if I am not in the hate anything that is not a Land Cruiser club.

And I like Four Runners too! and have a Tundra on the way! And dare I say it? I still have a CJ-7. I am sure you can tell me everything wrong with them and why an LC is better too.
Absorbing bumps and road noise...LC is better.

I testdrove the Sequoia A LOT before buying LC.

What year is your LC?

Wow better at just about everything, yet Toyota gen3'd the Sequoia and cancelled the LC. (for USA).
LC is coming back...FYI...and your point is? :D

I'd hang on to your LX for now and reassess in a few years when the new GX and LC are out and the new Sequoia and LX prices have come down. I know for me personally there is no way I'd buy a 2nd gen Sequoia right now. But different strokes for different folks.

Pro tip: the ignore feature is great.

That said, 13.5mpg stock? Maybe if it’s missing on three cylinders or doing 100mph. I consistently returned 16-17mpg @73mph tanks over a 5k mile trip in May with a 3” lift and 285/70R17s. Easily. Steel front bumper? Yeah it’ll tank. But 33% better mileage stock for stock is a giant stretch.

What are you looking for in the 2020 Sequoia? Newer-ness? Updated infotainment?
I can see that being an issue. I often wish for a better infotainment system, not to mention better seats (my wife’s 4Runner seats are WAY more comfortable than mine).

But in my experience, buying cars is a lot like buying a house: there are certain things that are easy to change/upgrade, but others which are more of a challenge. For a house, the size of the lot comes to mind. Generally difficult to change. Same with the size of my 2014 LC. Also, one house can have “good bones.” Same with a truck. Especially a truck that you know the history of.

As much as I’d like the upgrades I mentioned, they pale in comparison to a truck that is the perfect size, is bulletproof, and will go anywhere I choose to take it. Eventually, I’m sure there will be easier options for the things I’d like to add.

@Artie

Agreed. I’m a member of many motorsports forums and this is hands down the best. No close second.

Ditto, the only other one that I am constantly impressed with is ADVRider, but that's for adventure and enduro bikes.

Unless your 200 is on 35's then it should be getting a lot better than 13.5mpg. I am on 34's and I can still touch 16mpg on the highway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom