Alu-Cab Shadow Awning mounted on 100 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've had one for two years now but it's been sitting on the shop floor collecting dust so won't do you much good!
Hey @fireball, since I'm right down the road I thought I'd ask: are you interested in selling the shadow?

@nakman has finally made some brackets so it'll finally be mounted up on my Gamiviti rack in a few weeks.

@nakman has finally made some brackets so it'll finally be mounted up on my Gamiviti rack in a few weeks.

Nice! Thanks for the response. I think I'll be in your shoes shortly. Have a Dissent rack coming any day now. Are you by chance a member of keystone cruisers? Heading to HIH? Maybe we'll run into each other this summer.

Yes and most likely yes. We've made it to two HiH events and they've been awesome!

Prototype awning mounts from Ben arrived & I got a chance to mount the awning today. The most important part is it fits in the garage with 1/2” to spare.

4396B9D5-0EA4-4C55-9ED1-A6E22EF61524.jpeg

816780FE-8A3C-4E96-855F-8D9ABB43129C.jpeg

E70CC632-A296-4D46-B749-6D2ADADAAB82.jpeg

F1C97FA2-874E-49AE-845E-6274636458F2.jpeg

Glad they worked out for you.
Is it just the pics or does the front sit higher than the rear? If so I need to check my files lol. You may be able to drill new holes in the front mount if needed.

I’m not sure if the rack is level. The awning is if I measure from the bottom of the awning to the slider.

Looks like the awning is running uphill.

Can you open the rear hatch all the way?

Looks like the awning is running uphill.

Can you open the rear hatch all the way?
Nope, the hatch doesn’t open up all the way. I’m ok with that since I purposely mounted it lower so I can drive into my garage with 1/2” clearance. I’ll take a look at the level and redrill it when I get some time.

Good call on still getting into the garage!

In the one photo it didn't look like the hatch was touching the awning so I thought maybe it was up high enough.

Again, these are the very first prototype brackets, there is plenty of refining that needs to be done. The production mounts will have to sit much higher for the hatch and spoiler to clear. The other tricky part is getting this awning in a location that is both fully functional yet looks good as well.

Again, these are the very first prototype brackets, there is plenty of refining that needs to be done. The production mounts will have to sit much higher for the hatch and spoiler to clear. The other tricky part is getting this awning in a location that is both fully functional yet looks good as well.

Wow, I had no idea that the awning was so long until the photos above. The form over function is certainly an interesting situation to find the right balance for most everyone.

Nope, the hatch doesn’t open up all the way. I’m ok with that since I purposely mounted it lower so I can drive into my garage with 1/2” clearance. I’ll take a look at the level and redrill it when I get some time.

How tall is your garage opening? I have to drive into parking garages and I an wondering if that is possible with this setup.

Lowered the front mounting by 1”.
584B50BD-0628-44CE-9182-2B8855C57DED.jpeg

How tall is your garage opening? I have to drive into parking garages and I an wondering if that is possible with this setup.
Garage Opening is 82” tall.

Looks much better!!!

Wow, I like those new aluminum brackets! Nice Job @benc !

It looks like you moved the awning back by mounting those other bolts to the bracket. Did you notice any weakness when doing this?

Wow, I like those new aluminum brackets! Nice Job @benc !

It looks like you moved the awning back by mounting those other bolts to the bracket. Did you notice any weakness when doing this?
I did. Seams to be plenty strong still.
Alucab shows this as a mounting option.

Is anyone else having a problem with water getting inside the awning bag/cover when it's closed? I'm getting lots of water in mine. Only been on the 100 a few weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom