Alu-Cab Shadow Awning mounted on 100 Series? (2 Viewers)

@nakman has finally made some brackets so it'll finally be mounted up on my Gamiviti rack in a few weeks.

Nice! Thanks for the response. I think I'll be in your shoes shortly. Have a Dissent rack coming any day now. Are you by chance a member of keystone cruisers? Heading to HIH? Maybe we'll run into each other this summer.

Prototype awning mounts from Ben arrived & I got a chance to mount the awning today. The most important part is it fits in the garage with 1/2” to spare.

4396B9D5-0EA4-4C55-9ED1-A6E22EF61524.jpeg

816780FE-8A3C-4E96-855F-8D9ABB43129C.jpeg

E70CC632-A296-4D46-B749-6D2ADADAAB82.jpeg

F1C97FA2-874E-49AE-845E-6274636458F2.jpeg

benc

Supporting Vendor
Glad they worked out for you.
Is it just the pics or does the front sit higher than the rear? If so I need to check my files lol. You may be able to drill new holes in the front mount if needed.

Looks like the awning is running uphill.

Can you open the rear hatch all the way?
Nope, the hatch doesn’t open up all the way. I’m ok with that since I purposely mounted it lower so I can drive into my garage with 1/2” clearance. I’ll take a look at the level and redrill it when I get some time.

fireball

SILVER Star
Good call on still getting into the garage!

In the one photo it didn't look like the hatch was touching the awning so I thought maybe it was up high enough.

benc

Supporting Vendor
Again, these are the very first prototype brackets, there is plenty of refining that needs to be done. The production mounts will have to sit much higher for the hatch and spoiler to clear. The other tricky part is getting this awning in a location that is both fully functional yet looks good as well.

Again, these are the very first prototype brackets, there is plenty of refining that needs to be done. The production mounts will have to sit much higher for the hatch and spoiler to clear. The other tricky part is getting this awning in a location that is both fully functional yet looks good as well.

Wow, I had no idea that the awning was so long until the photos above. The form over function is certainly an interesting situation to find the right balance for most everyone.

Nope, the hatch doesn’t open up all the way. I’m ok with that since I purposely mounted it lower so I can drive into my garage with 1/2” clearance. I’ll take a look at the level and redrill it when I get some time.

How tall is your garage opening? I have to drive into parking garages and I an wondering if that is possible with this setup.

Wow, I like those new aluminum brackets! Nice Job @benc !

It looks like you moved the awning back by mounting those other bolts to the bracket. Did you notice any weakness when doing this?

benc

Supporting Vendor
Wow, I like those new aluminum brackets! Nice Job @benc !

It looks like you moved the awning back by mounting those other bolts to the bracket. Did you notice any weakness when doing this?
I did. Seams to be plenty strong still.
Alucab shows this as a mounting option.

Is anyone else having a problem with water getting inside the awning bag/cover when it's closed? I'm getting lots of water in mine. Only been on the 100 a few weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom