Alternator install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Na it's all plumbed up correct, I seem to have low vacuum when pulling the line off to test. It's a (oex) brand alternator

do u need a new unit ?

if so Please PM me

thanks

Sorry to dredge up an old thread (though not as old as some of those I (and others) have resurrected when using the search function for a long-lost classified ad - wondering if someone has that 'unicorn' part still for sale 10 years later...).

@ToyotaMatt, In the first picture in your post #21 you call out the 'hockey puck' insulator that isolates the B+ wire from grounding on the ALT body. I have some sort of thing on my alternator that acts as an isolator, but it ain't correct. On TOYODIY, I find that 27387-56070 (*** STD. PART) is the part number for this piece, but I don't find where it's available to purchase as a stand-alone item.

Could I just use a thick rubber bushing here? Or some other bit of non-conductive material?

Do you have the precise part for sale separately from the alternator? [I have another order getting ready to send to you and if this is something youve got around I'll add it to the box!]

Thanks for any advice from the group. As you may have seen in my thread, I've got the truck running and driving again, and as I go through and make sure all the grounds are connected properly, and the gauges are all working, and the ALT is properly out-putting and charging the BATT this little piece is one of those that's gonna drive me crazy if I don't know that it's right (or at least "right" in terms of technical capability).

Best, TDC.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom