Alpine Stereo INE-W940 Wiring ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I've got the unit installed for a few days now. I specifically didn't connect two or three wires because I couldn't figure out what to wire to.

I thought things were ok, but I now realize that I can't go into the "settings" of the radio unless the parking brake is engaged. So, somehow I gotta figure this out.

The 3 wires that I couldn't determine where to plug in are:

Parking Brake, Reverse, and foot brake.

From the metra adapter, is there a reverse, parking brake, or foot brake wire? If so, which one is it? I don't see anything on their site.

If not, where should I plug them in?

AlpineWire.jpg

AlpineWire.jpg

If you only want to use the parking brake feature to enter settings my suggestion would be to utilize a toggle switch. Most likely the head unit is only looking for a ground, but you may want to call customer service to confirm.

I never use my parking brake.

2nd to ^, you will need to run a bypass module to "trick" the unit into thinking you are parked with the emergency brake engaged. Super easy on my kenwood, just have to ground the wire, my pioneer is just like your alpine & requires the use of a bypass. I use a bypass with a toggle switch and it works perfect. Bought mine off amazon. Easy install, good luck.

I've got the unit installed for a few days now. I specifically didn't connect two or three wires because I couldn't figure out what to wire to.

I thought things were ok, but I now realize that I can't go into the "settings" of the radio unless the parking brake is engaged. So, somehow I gotta figure this out.

The 3 wires that I couldn't determine where to plug in are:

Parking Brake, Reverse, and foot brake.

From the metra adapter, is there a reverse, parking brake, or foot brake wire? If so, which one is it? I don't see anything on their site.

If not, where should I plug them in?

Not sure of the bypass/override for alpine but I once had a pioneer Avic in my old TC and hand to do some work to bypass the safety features. I didn't have a foot brake wire but did have reverse and speed sensor wires. The reverse pretty much forces the backup camera to come on and the speed sensor was for GPS loss to maintain speed and distance tracking. I agree with the above. Find some info on a car audio forum about an override.

Fat-fingered on my iPhone using IH8MUD

So, I've looked at the solutions for bypassing this, but am a little reluctant.

I understand the reasoning behind alpine and other brands to prevent going into settings and watching DVD while driving. I've also noticed that there are legal ramifications of bypasses like this in the event you have an accident.

As much as the bypass sounds like an easy fix, I think I'd like to wire it correctly.

That said, does anyone know which wires I'd find to represent the parking brake, foot brake and reverse?

Are any of those available behind the radio (I doubt it).

Thanks for any help

In fact, maybe there isn't an emergency brake wire.

In fact, maybe there isn't an emergency brake wire.

Do you mean foot brake? The parking break has one. It kicks the dash brake light on. Not sure where it is though.

Fat-fingered on my iPhone using IH8MUD

Last edited:
Yes, sorry, no wire for brake

Wow, even with the EWD I can't figure out what wires I need to tap into for reverse, parking brake and foot brake. Too many hours into this, wife is giving me that look...

Reverse ties into the reverse light harness on the switched side of the bulb but unless you have a camera and this is a video unit you don't need it?

There is a switch under the hand brake itself. Pain to get to, may have to pull driver seat and center console. i just tied that to ground on both of my cars tho.

. :Sent by pneumatic tubes

Timpangos Slim - The unit has video camera so I'll need it. So I can get it from the switched side of the bulb in the harness that goes to the console display?

Timpangos Slim - The unit has video camera so I'll need it. So I can get it from the switched side of the bulb in the harness that goes to the console display?

Yeah, basically it needs a switched ground.

I ended up running a wire all the way to my tail light. Actually the same tail light that i tapped power for the backup camera from.

It sounds like a pain in the ass but it's not so hard to pull out the door sill trim and run a wire. I spent more time agonizing over it than i did getting it done. I used the passenger side tail light harness since it's easiest to get to.

It's a damn shame that the switch on the side of the trans that would turn on my backup lights doesn't work.

You could use the EWD to figure out where that signal is under the dash too, but it might be deeply embedded in a wire harness.

By the way when should i be expecting my cup holder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom