all captains. all day. scheel mann edition. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
doing a little test fitting of the rear seats until i can get some water jet cut mounts / plates
ED49D7C8-132E-4ACB-B27F-24FD2EDFFB8B.jpeg
16D62268-0488-4CDD-A53E-79B4A706DF07.jpeg
E2ABE53A-CA99-4EB3-97A1-CE57AA78FBFA.jpeg
21BB89BB-46AC-4FE6-A467-A515A122BCFB.jpeg

Nice! I've had zero luck finding someone to redo my leather. Who makes those and are the specific to the Landcruiser or have to be git

scheel mann make the seats. they’re a german company who really owns the sprinter market. i used planted brackets up front and i’ll have to have a custom mount made for the rear.

photo angles kinda misleading. seats not really any further forward than factory.

seats are literally just sitting in rear. i’ll have a mount made that moves them apart and angled back a hair as well as back about an inch. which will get rear passengers as much if not a hair more room.

also nfg about rear seat leg room. my wife is 5’ tall and she always jumps in the back when we go out with friends if that ever happens again

Last edited:
This looks great. I am not really tall (5' 9") but still feel like I am sitting on top of the cruiser, instead of being in it.

Will the rear seats have fore and aft movement too? Can they be mounted a little higher?

This looks great. I am not really tall (5' 9") but still feel like I am sitting on top of the cruiser, instead of being in it.

Will the rear seats have fore and aft movement too? Can they be mounted a little higher?

fronts are lower than factory so you definitely sit down in it

i haven’t quite decided how the rears will be mounted. sliders are easy and only add minimal height but there’s not enough room to necessitate using them.

Last edited:
Looks awesome! Any update on the rear seat mounts?

I just installed a set of Vario F XXL's in the front of my FJ62 and would love to add a pair of Vario F's (not XXL) in place of the rear bench seat. Was thinking of reaching out to Planted about some custom brackets.

Cheers,

Ron

Are those full size rear seats or the smaller ones?

This looks awesome!! A year later how do you like this? Who made the brackets for the rear seats? This mod seems like it would really modernize the interior.

This looks awesome!! A year later how do you like this? Who made the brackets for the rear seats? This mod seems like it would really modernize the interior.
sorry i sold the truck to a friend on the east coast but the seats are the best, i’ve had recaros, corbeaus, and these and they’re my favorite.

my friend made the frames custom for me. mounts to factory locations and seats bolted to it.

Are those full size rear seats or the smaller ones?
rears are the shorter varios, and fronts taller

Looks awesome! Any update on the rear seat mounts?

I just installed a set of Vario F XXL's in the front of my FJ62 and would love to add a pair of Vario F's (not XXL) in place of the rear bench seat. Was thinking of reaching out to Planted about some custom brackets.

Cheers,

Ron
i’ll have to dig up pics of the frame

not that i recall.

for the guys asking about how i mounted them. here’s the bracket we made.

View attachment 2858624
I’ve got the truck now and no anchors for child seats. We’ve got a Britax seat and it’s a huge upgrade in terms of safety and simplicity over the previous target/Walmart variety child seats.
The britax also fits nicely within the bottom cushion of the scheelman and not on the bolsters.

Do you lose side-impact airbags with these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom