Alignment specs after lift (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You're green, and if it's not rubbing, I'd rock it. Given the level of total f**ktardery in the alignment business in your area, I wouldn't trust any of them to do anything else. I don't even believe the numbers on your printout, actually. The "before" measurements in post #40 don't even come close to the "after" measurments in post #24. They should be close to the same if no one has dorked with the alignment. Which one is telling the truth? Your steering wheel misalignment lends credence to the Toyota shop, but they "should" have been able to much, much better with the OEM UCA's in the first place.

"Could" you get your wheel centered in the wheel well? Absolutely, in an hour - with a compentent shop. Given your experience, if it's not rubbing, let it be. All they have to do is rotate LCA forward to max, and then rotate the SPC UBJ one notch forward to dial caster back down to spec, slide the UBJ in/out to dial camber, tighten to torque specs and send you on your way. You have encountered no one that has shown capability to do that while simultaneously taking your money as payment for services rendered.

Truck probably drives great as-is at speed, yes?

You're green, and if it's not rubbing, I'd rock it. Given the level of total f**ktardery in the alignment business in your area, I wouldn't trust any of them to do anything else. I don't even believe the numbers on your printout, actually. The "before" measurements in post #40 don't even come close to the "after" measurments in post #24. They should be close to the same if no one has dorked with the alignment. Which one is telling the truth? Your steering wheel misalignment lends credence to the Toyota shop, but they "should" have been able to much, much better with the OEM UCA's in the first place.

"Could" you get your wheel centered in the wheel well? Absolutely, in an hour - with a compentent shop. Given your experience, if it's not rubbing, let it be. All they have to do is rotate LCA forward to max, and then rotate the SPC UBJ one notch forward to dial caster back down to spec, slide the UBJ in/out to dial camber, tighten to torque specs and send you on your way. You have encountered no one that has shown capability to do that while simultaneously taking your money as payment for services rendered.

Truck probably drives great as-is at speed, yes?
Great feedback and you’re absolutely correct in that who knows what the truth is at this point. The truck drives great and while the caster #s at 3.6 and 3.4 are good, I wish both were closer to 4.1. But, like you said, I’ve been through hell with these alignments and since these numbers are all green while driving great, I’m going to leave it be.

Down the road, I will inevitably go a little higher on the lift and tires and when I do, it will be done at Main Line Overland in Pa where they do this stuff all day. I almost drove the 6 hours round trip for an alignment…so sad.

If all the numbers are there, drives great, and steering is in the correct orientation, I'd call it done and move on to your next mod!
You're biggest concern from an alignment is to ensure you get maximum wear from your tires and proper handling. That being said, if it's handling great, question is do you run your tires all the way down to the indicators? If you're anything like me, I usually get new tires when they're about 75% done. Because of the terrain I travel, I don't trust tires with < 25% tread. Also for the sake that I don't do a 5 tire rotation, it helps keep my 4 corners closer to O.D. to my spare should I ever need it.
But, just my opinion and opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom