alignment pin fell out... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all,
is this the alignment pin the goes under the crank pulley?
If so I have to pull it and put it back in right?

Thanks
Dan

Photo on 4-25-23 at 12.18 PM.jpg

It's definitely a key for holding a pulley in place. Don't know if it is from the crankshaft or power steering pump, but check those.

good eye, to me it kinda looks like the woodruff key for the PS pulley?

Pretty sure that's not for the crankshaft if I remember correctly it's long and square not half moon. Someone Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Tommy

Power steering pump key is thick

IMG_0598_b5122d8e-76d2-4bbe-bd12-b7cc21de7550_1024x1024.jpg

here's a diagram, it looks like its in the back off the crank area... I have another photo showing only the SQUARE one exposed beyond the timing gears. This tells me power steering one, ill check

Dan

woodruff.jpg

The crank pulley key is a rectangular with rounded ends not a half moon.

However half moon keys are found not only on the power steering pulley but also on the timing gears for both the crank shaft and cam shaft.

The timing gears use the same part numbers (there is a difference in parts before/after 09/1986 but cam and crank use the same part numbers). The powersteering pulley has yet a different part number. There may be some dimensional difference that would allow you to tell. Perhaps you take the key you have and see how it fits in the power steering pump.

Well I lost the woodruff... dammit. I couldn't get the pulley off and need to have our mechanic here find me his puller.

Ordered another woodruff, it doesn't get here until tuesday... I'm almost positive its for the power steering pulely though

My main question is: Can i install belts etc and just loosen the tension when the woodruff comes here? I really want to continue on with the process of installing radiator, fans, and belts.

Thanks,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom