Alex Carvallo at AOE stole $900 from me ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Half K,

If not for this post, I would likely have fallen into the same trap. AOE is now making my rear bumper. I told them exactly the same thing I did regarding the front. NO money up front, call me when you have it an I will pick it up.

I should also tell everyone. After the heavy rains we had in San Diego, I noticed rust on the welds in several spots. Although the powder coat looked great when I originally looked it over, it is now clear the powder coat is lacking. I took a picture and sent it to Alex. He replied saying they will fix the bumper (sandblast and re-powder coat) or replace it, whatever it takes to make it right.

I will post again after I have the rear and the issues with the powder coat resolved.

Half K,

If not for this post, I would likely have fallen into the same trap. AOE is now making my rear bumper. I told them exactly the same thing I did regarding the front. NO money up front, call me when you have it an I will pick it up.

I should also tell everyone. After the heavy rains we had in San Diego, I noticed rust on the welds in several spots. Although the powder coat looked great when I originally looked it over, it is now clear the powder coat is lacking. I took a picture and sent it to Alex. He replied saying they will fix the bumper (sandblast and re-powder coat) or replace it, whatever it takes to make it right.

I will post again after I have the rear and the issues with the powder coat resolved.

i agree, order a rear bumper for my fj80, deposit 50%, alex promise it will take 2 week, over all it took 3 months, worse services and LIAR

I didn't have time to read through the whole thread but I have ordered the same from ARB and the shipping is taking forever. I have been told they are getting held at the port for customs. It's been almost 7 weeks for mine and still not here

Half K, I did eventually get my rear bumper from AOE. It took longer than promised and took them even longer to install it on my rig. Overall process was about 5 weeks. When everything was said and done, I ended up with exactly what I wanted. I will give Alex credit. I wanted my rig on a Friday regardless of his excuses. I made it clear anything less was unacceptable. Alex drove my rig down from his shop to San Diego. His wife followed him down in their Jeep so he would have a ride home. I would say that was a pretty unexpected solution to my problem.

My 97 LEX is nearly finished. 3xlocked, 3" OME lift, AOE front with Warn 8000, AOE rear with tire carrier and roof access ladder, CDL-7pin, White Knuckle sliders, Spotties on front.

TO DO LIST - Replace new BFG All Terrains with new 35s ??? Brand and type (suggestions welcome), replace current rack with full length roof rack.

No I send him cash by western union

As I was not able to send in his bank ...

I always pay online shoping by Paypal but he didn't had one account so had to trust Alex

Dam ... Now thinking to hire and pay some bouncer to knock him out.

you can file a consumer affair report on him in city of laguna hills, the consumer affair will open case on him and will make him return $$$ to anyone, if all of us in the forum would file cases on him, that will put him out of business for sure....

you can file a consumer affair report on him in city of laguna hills, the consumer affair will open case on him and will make him return $$$ to anyone, if all of us in the forum would file cases on him, that will put him out of business for sure....
I was able to retrieve my money through my bank. Had to provide them with all emails and transaction records, but I got it back

Well s***! Alex has gone dark on me. :poof: I have been trying to get back in touch with him sense late last week. Trying to get a tracking number and confirm that he has indeed shipped my stuff. He will not answer my calls, texts or emails. So as it stands right now, as much of the benefit of the doubt I have given him. Looks like everyone was correct. I will not go so far as to call him a thief or a liar. But I will say he should be in politics and law as opposed to mechanical and fabrication.

If something changes, and I do indeed receive a shipment from him. Like I said before I will update it here. All I can do is warn people at this point to not do business with Alex at AOE at all.

:bang:
I assume so, my online statement says:
14 May 2015 ADJUSTMENT TO ACCOUNT
##1015 1,450.00 US DOLLAR +$1,799.01
14 May 2015 SQ *ALEXIS CARVALLO LAGUNA HILLSCA
##0515 1,450.00 US DOLLAR -$1,799.01
wish i had seen this forum before I sent Alexis money for a bumper. It’s been over six months now and nothing. He doesn’t answer his phone, website is gone, his email doesn’t work. Was just contacted by another guy going through the same thing.

wish i had seen this forum before I sent Alexis money for a bumper. It’s been over six months now and nothing. He doesn’t answer his phone, website is gone, his email doesn’t work. Was just contacted by another guy going through the same thing.

Hope you paid with AMEX

Surely you used some sort of buyer protected service ? Credit card, paypal ?

I cannot believe this is still going on. Is he still in business? I would be will to sell or trade my front bumper. I want a 4x4labs bumper.

Pretty sure if you look on facebook he's still a going concern amongst the Jeep crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom