Builds Sbrodacz'a build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everything's back together and the 80 fired right up. I did not let her run for long as I'm a half qt low on oil. There has to be another oil leak. It looks like it's coming from the rear but I will have to clean everything to be sure. I hope it is the oil pan and not the main rear seal.

IMG_1487.jpg

Here are the colors I am trying to decide on from left to right. Mean green mother, johnny pepper, don't yell at me, bk burnt orange, suicide blonde, envy, apocalypse, zombie sunset, jungle love.

IMG_1488.jpg

Sans panties. Any thoughts?

Check out photos of other rigs that have been Monstalined. I believe that member Jcardona1 used Sans Panties.

You rig appears to be green like mine. I like that color. An option is to get their tintable kit and then tint the liner material with a color of your choice.

Added oil. The 80 seems to be running better. Put in a new air filter, new pcv and breather hose. I started to clean underneath. I cannot believe how much crap came off. I did not notice another leaks but will check again after driving for a while. I am waiting on new firewall heater hose kit from Brett, should be here tomorrow. The new water pump, thermostat, belts, fuel filter and radiator hoses arrived. I am hoping I can have everything installed by next week along with the phh work around kit. The AOE front bumper is supposed to ship next Friday. I still need to remove the fender flares and running boards. I have new door panels I need to install too. Thanks to baldilocks's suggestion I think I decided to use the factory color with monstaliner. Once I get all the cooling items done I will move on to the pain.

I am thinking of purchasing the Harbor Freight 12000 lb winch or the 9500 lb winch. I am not are if either will fit but wanted to give it a try until I can purchase a warn. I am sure most of your stomachs turned when I said I was looking to purchase a winch from Harbor Freight. They actually work pretty good. I had one on a Wrangler for several years and it always worked great. The only downside I noticed was the Harbor Freight winch was slower than the name brand winches. It did not bother me tough. If you're stuck, as long as you can get out who cares if takes a few minutes longer. The 12000 lb Harbor Freight is only $399 and will get the job done for the time being.

IMG_1518.jpg

Water pump

IMG_1519.jpg

Radiator hoses

IMG_1520.jpg

Fuel filter

IMG_1521.jpg

Thermostat

IMG_1522.jpg

Door panels

IMG_1517.jpg

Finally got a stand for the welder

Have you used the welder yet?
I have been looking at the Hobart handler VS the Miller MVP, basically same machine. I have been using a Miller 212 auto set, but had to give it back! Just looking for some feed back?
Nice Rig BTW!

Have you used the welder yet?
I have been looking at the Hobart handler VS the Miller MVP, basically same machine. I have been using a Miller 212 auto set, but had to give it back! Just looking for some feed back?
Nice Rig BTW!

Thank you. I've used the welder a few times years ago. It worked really well. No complaints.

Water pump, thermostat, belts, phh walk around kit and firewall hose kit are on. I got the double din working.

Now I just have to wait on Alex from AOE for the front bumper. I talked to him last Thursday and he said he'd be shipping Friday but I have not received a tracking number and cannot get a hold of him. If it does not ship by Monday I may just cancel the order and go with an Arb. I do not have a front bumper and need one asap.

That's not a bad price! I have a feeling it won't fit but we will see.

what do you want it to fit to ? - ChaseTruck initially installed the 12K HF winch in the stock bumper on our '93 80 - we now have it on a Slee short bus bumper

p1010170-jpg.811287

what do you want it to fit to ? - ChaseTruck initially installed the 12K HF winch in the stock bumper on our '93 80 - we now have it on a Slee short bus bumper

p1010170-jpg.811287

As of right now a AOE front bumper unless he doesn't ship it on time. Then a ARB front bumper.

I finally got the fender flares off. I ended up just ripping them off. Some of the bolts would just spin and not loosen. Once I got the flare off I was able to use a vice grip on the bolts and get the nuts off. I still have to get the bolts out on the rear but the flares are off. I'll clean the sides up and either weld or use bondo on the holes. One the holes are patched the 80 is ready for paint.

Took the fender flares off. What a pain. I've been going back and forth on what to do to file the holes. I decide to use a product called tiger hair. It seems to be working pretty good. I coated the holes with por15 then a coat of primer. I then added the tiger hair. I kept trying to smooth it out but it would pull out of the holes. I ended up caking it on. Once it tried (took about a half hour) I hit it with an air sander and 60 grit. The air sander smoothed everything out really quick. I then added another coat of primer. It actually looks pretty good. I'll post pictures once I get a chance.

I like the "jungle love" color. Also, there is an OD green that is cool. Personally, I don't like the Sans Panties color. I think it turns out different than the the color swatch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom