For Sale Albany CA: DEALER 95 3x Nightshadow with 130K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
Outside Link
https://www.toyotaofberkeley.com/vehicle-details/used-1995-toyota-land-cruiser-base-JT3DJ81W1S0110613
This is an FYI for anyone considering the listing, if perhaps it saves you time. Not mine, nor one I am considering buying at this price.

This is a dealer vehicle, was a single owner who traded it in. They're asking $17.5k.

1995 Toyota Land Cruiser Base JT3DJ81W1S0110613 | Toyota of Berkeley Berkeley, CA

I have not driven it on the road (the truck was out being inspected basically until closing time), but a few notes for anyone interested based on a quick look.

Has been dealer serviced for its life, but certainly needs some maintenance and dealer basically selling it as is - not wanting to put any time or money into it [all they did was change the engine oil, and their detailer did a half-a** job]. The guy who was gone and had it inspected said rear main seal is leaking, and imo the knuckles should be rebuilt. Assume PHH never replaced and probably needs valve cover gasket too (although they half cleaned the engine bay so hard to confirm). There likely are other things that members here would refresh in baselining.

Mechanically - in addition to above, the rear locker would not activate (driving in the parking lot only - I did not take it on the road). Potentially just be a stuck / disconnected actuator (heard nothing) but I didn't have time to investigate and I don't get the sense the dealer will.

Exterior - the truck has been sitting under pine tree(s) for a long time, and there is sap on the paint. There are areas where their detailer scratched/ripped off the sap and has removed all clearcoat and paint from such areas, and the passenger side has clear touch-ups on the bumper corners and fender flares. They did a very poor job with this imo. There's some surface rust on the axles (and the spare tire wheel is badly pitted), but nothing of concern and the frame is clean.

Interior - it's still dirty, but cleaned in parts. There were pine needles everywhere before 'cleaning', and many still are present. Main thing to note is seemingly has sat for a while with a lot of moisture in the vehicle. For example, the tie down hooks in the back and the metal under the steering column are both quite rusted.

After seeing it, I don't think it's worth near the asking price (or at least it's not to me). The dealer likely wont budge much in the short term as it's just recently listed and has "a lot of interest, including from people in Nebraska". If the listing and the above sounds good to you, all the best. If this saves someone time, that's good too. I don't normally comment on what I see, but since it's a dealer listing and likely has nationwide distribution, figured I'd write this if it helps someone.

A few photos; excuse poor lighting, as most taken with a flashlight.

IMG-2326.jpg

IMG-2331.jpg

IMG-2345.jpg

IMG-2363.jpg

IMG-2374.jpg

They’ll inevitably end up selling to someone sight unseen from far away. People are so eager to get their hands on these low mileage triple locked clean 80s. You’ll see it pop up in the Midwest for $22K in a couple weeks.

Dealer link doesn't show it in inventory....
I'm sure it sold, it was there yesterday. Price wasn't that high considering the state of the current market, even with the condition issues. Locked, low miles and rare color - easy cruiser to sell these days.

It sold

I'm sure it sold, it was there yesterday. Price wasn't that high considering the state of the current market, even with the condition issues. Locked, low miles and rare color - easy cruiser to sell these days.
Yeah. If the paint was in better condition (and not also butchered by their detailer), I probably would have sucked it up and bought it at this premium price. Everything else mechanically would add up, but can more easily be resolved with time/money.

Hi Mud crew.

I ended up buying this truck. It is staying local to the Bay Area.

FYI, I paid basically asking. I have since spent about 4k in deferred maintenance, changing all the fluids, phh, front knuckles, front brakes, etc... Rear Locker started working after a few figure 8s in the dirt.

Thanks for everyone who contributes to this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom