AJAX Sat anyone up for it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ripleykantoo and I are talking about doing AJAX Sat. Neither of us has been on the run before but would like to go. Is anyone else game for some wheelin fun?

Say 'Hey' from Spike to the group of Nissans you're likely to encounter there, they're running upper and lower that day. Unfortunately, I gave my wife this weekend so I could go to Martinez last weekend. Have fun!

-Spike

Not sure

Thats why I was looking for others to go, If I remember correctly (from what I heard at the last csc meeting) Lower is the easy trail and upper is the more difficult of the two. Now I will probably take upper but old ripley just doesnt have the NERVE for it, his 80 just wont be able to hang, well at least thats what I like to say. Its usually him with a strap on me so I dont roll over on my side.

I got slepped in to a Breakfast with Santa for my Daughter on Saturday morning. It's supposed to run from 8 to 11:30. I may drive the 40 to the breakfast then play catchup from there.

When we ran Lower with 11 rigs last weekend it took 6 or 7 hours. We've run upper with 7 rigs in the dark in 3 hours and 3 rigs during the day in 3 hours. Doesn't realy say much about the trail difficulty but IMO it's a solid 4 trail, even with the bypasses, with lower being a 3 if you take all the harder lines.

I would deffinately be down for this run with a later in the day start time or me trying to play catch up.

Bman, I dont mind starting latter in the day, and im sure ripley wont mind either. Id like a few more clubers to join us. How bout we catch up about 1:00, I like night weelin but with only three so far im sure we can be out about dark. give me a call if you can, 520-990-2243.

late
Josh

Cool! I'll give ya a shout tomorrow (friday).

I dont really know where it starts

let me know where it starts and ripley and I will be there at 1. I have a couple broken ribs but I cant wait to get out there. Put the hard top on the 40 today so it wont be so cold. look forward to seeing ya all

Which way you guys commin across? I would assume from Florence regardless. Head north on 79 from Florence to Mile marker 144.5 And swing a right turn at Cottonwood Canyon Road. Let's meet at the staging area at hiway 79 and Cottonwood Canyon Rd at noon... cool? I'll be sure to take your # Josh. We will be on Channel 4 for when ya start to get close. My cell # is 602 763 05 two niner. Give me a shout in the AM sometime iffin ya have any probs with the directions.

Now that's a trail....easily a 4+ on the 5 scale. Got alot of pics on my camera. Kyle and I traded off using it all day to get the shots. Definitely have to do that one again.

PICS PICS PICS

Kyle, If you want the hi-res versions I can always mail ya a CD, cause the file sizes are around 3 megs a piece and there were like 60 pics...so e-mailing them will take a week.

Hell yeah boyeeeee! The pics are killer guys. That was a funn ass trail today for sure. Deffinately want to get back out on that one again REAL soon. That old Mine are would be a killer place to camp. I wonder if that's the actual Ajax mine. I'd venture to guess that it is. Funny that we didn't see any of the SWANKY guys out tehre.

offroader5 said:
Now that's a trail....easily a 4+ on the 5 scale. Got alot of pics on my camera. Kyle and I traded off using it all day to get the shots. Definitely have to do that one again.

PICS PICS PICS

Kyle, If you want the hi-res versions I can always mail ya a CD, cause the file sizes are around 3 megs a piece and there were like 60 pics...so e-mailing them will take a week.

Good pictures again John!

Thanks for sharing

BMAN said:
Funny that we didn't see any of the SWANKY guys out tehre.

I believe they bailed. :rolleyes:

Nice pics, and that's a trail I'll have to tackle one of these days! I imagine the SWANKy guys will reschedule, perhaps I'll have a chance then.

-Spike

Pics looked great guys and it sure was a lot of fun. Impressed with the 40 and the Weeper. Didn't John have a Yota motor in that Yeep? It was a prety good day walking/taking pics/ and drinking beer.

Those pics are great

Ya know, as good as they are pics just never do justice. That trail was damn nice and I look forward to the day I pull my skirt off and do it lol (in a different ride). It was a great day, look forward to walking behind yall again. FYI, ill be taking the Jeep Eater sticker off, I dont deserve it. Nice ride John.

Wow those pics were awesome, I can't wait till I own a rig cabable of running a trail like that...

BMAN said:
......I wonder if that's the actual Ajax mine. I'd venture to guess that it is.......

I think that spot is called Orphan Boy on the Topo maps and the actual Ajax mine is in the area.

What's up with John under the front end of the Jeep? :confused:
I'm always impressed where he can pilot an unlocked Cherokee with stock axles.:cheers:

And did El Presidente modify his tire carrier a little?:doh:

I spied a board member in exile there too.

Sorry I missed it. Still trying to finish the home projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom