AJAX Sat anyone up for it? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just a wee bit of rock crawling there. I don't see any pics of your rig Kyle:frown:
That looks like it would eat up an unlocked/unarmored 80.
Nice pics, looks like a blast, except for that bud light crap. The least you could do B is spring for some decent brew :flipoff2:

MaddBaggins said:
Just a wee bit of rock crawling there. I don't see any pics of your rig Kyle:frown:
That looks like it would eat up an unlocked/unarmored 80.
Nice pics, looks like a blast, except for that bud light crap. The least you could do B is spring for some decent brew :flipoff2:

I made an executive decision with out seeing the trail. When a trail is only a mile long and the force is telling you not to listen to BMAN’s “you can do it” Even though I'm locked with a lift and front bumper that trail would have killed a LWB 80 unless sliders and rear bumper were included. Only two more weeks for the sliders so it was a good decision for my soccer mom ride. I had a blast taking pictures of those guys crawling. Did you notice that sexy beagle Madbaggins... ;)

WORD on the pics not doing things justice.

I still say that we coulda got the 80 through there with little or no damage... 'cept for maybe the running boards and 1/4 panels and mabe a door and fender or two.

The Budlight was neither my idea nor my beer. I was carrying the empties for the walkers. I drink my brew at the end of the day, when I bring it, which I didn't this day but was thankful that Johnathon did bring a few Shiners cause they tasted damned good.

Yep, I just put the carrier back together last weekend after the last rearangement. Tore that F'er damn near clean off this time thogh so it needs a complete redesign now.

John under the front was him retightening the trackbar mount. Then (not shown) he was tightening u-bolts after the rear axle tried to flip upside down. Then he was tracking down a coolent leak in the pic w/ the hood up. It was a rough day for the "Little Jeep that Could" and did.

Glad to hear your not drinkin' on the trail there Prez. I've got a short tolerance for drinking and driving, on or off the trail.

If you had fun this time, next time try Upper Ajax when there's water in it.:eek:
Double your pleasure, double the fun .:bounce: :bounce2:

Oh yeah, I'm sure it'd be a whole other trail when wet.

Now I have PROOF of "no lockers". Alot of the people that ask about the lockers (usually on a trail that they can help), they don't really believe me and think I have to at least have a limited slip or something.;p It's probably the only thing that has kept me from breaking axles to this point.

ditto for me on the no locker thing, but i did finally break my first birf last year on a run with cdaniel

Yeah I clearly remember the howl of those two tires over there as they spun up that waterfall shedding little white whisps of smoke all the way. What a bitch it was to get ya on the right line there. Persistence finally payed off and then ya just jumped right up.

DAMN that was a great run.

hmm no where is the link???

Do you think that that spot was doable with an 80....without damage??

clarkrw3 said:
Do you think that that spot was doable with an 80....without damage??

Do you mean Upper Ajax? If so, I'd be hesitant to run an 80 up that trail unless it had at least a small lift (to counteract the longer wheelbase), sliders, and at least some rear protection (aka, bumper or bare minimum a hitch to catch your arse). One thing to remember on this trail too, is that Branden and I took alot of the harder lines. Some of the harder spots do have a bypass...which aren't the eaisest routes either, but easily doable. We've run this trail before with a stock Wrangler Rubicon. Now mind you, those have lockers f&r and lower 4:1 t-case gearing, but it was stock height, not to mention, have you seen the beer gut of a skid plate hanging way low under those Rubi's? They have been coined as a road grader cause they catch everything they come close to.

After running the trail again (it'd been well over a year since the last time) I would deffinately say that at a minimum you need to have sliders and somerear protection or at least a blatant disregard for rocker damage.

Tools R Us said:
Calling Mr Baggins!:D

Now, I wouldn't say I have a blatant disregard for rockers. I just figure as long as the doors will still open it's all good. Besides I'm expecting my sliders today (I hope):bounce: so then I really will have a disregard for rockers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom