Aisan carb flooding in Primary (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys.

While my car isn't exactly the mudding type, I have noticed that there are a few topics in regards to carburetors. In such we can treat it as an Aisan carburetor post as I really want to find a solution to my issues.šŸ˜

So the carburetor is a 21100-2A060 currently mounted on a 2T Carina motor. The car's an 82 TA60 chassis.
Currently while it does start and run, the RPMs are up and down constantly and have noticed that the primary barrel is letting in quite a lot of fuel. In such, while it does its best to stay on and not turn off, in some cases when we rev it out, as the revs drop it would just shut off. The level on the window shows the fuel is slightly above the middle.

The carburetor has recently been rebuilt to the best that I could get it to. New gaskets have been made where needed, lines have been cleaned and blown through.
Apart from the idle mixture adjusting screw (which appeared to have been over tightened very slightly) all else seems to be fine. The Solenoid Valve with the needle inside has also been replaced as it was faulty with a new one off a Suzuki Samurai as their design is quite similar (did have some issues fitting it with the rubber O ring). The only difference is a slightly smaller hole at the front of the solenoid. The actual length that enters the carburetor is the same.

In addition to the potential flooding, just wanted to note that the car itself has a plugged return line (I bought it as is) for the fuel, but neither the fuel pump nor the carburetor have an additional pipe to connect to the return line. Chances are, the carburetor has been changed at some point or the fuel pump was (it's still mechanical) and the replacement didn't have a return line end.

The car runs pretty much the same as it did before and after I rebuilt it.

Jets on the primary are 099 and the secondary was I think 156.

While I would love to throw on a new carb or a new needle for the adjustment, parts in my area are quite scarce.

In summary, the car's having uneven rpms which can lead to it shutting off sometimes and the primary is pouring quite a lot of fuel. Any input would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to restore it and keep it as original as it can be.

Best Wishes and sorry if it's in the wrong category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom