AirLift - with OME's...

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by woody, Aug 1, 2005.

1. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    Did some searching :flipoff2: and came up with a number of posts on the use of AirLift bags in the rear suspension...

One poster (Augie) noted that AirLift p/n 60755 is the same diameter but 2" longer in the body to account for the lifted OME springs....

Anyone else using this p/n, or are those with airbags and lifted coils running the stock 60728 bags?

2. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

Not running lifted coils Woody. Have the medium duty OME's, no lift. Use the std airlift bag listed on their site for a Landcruiser. Love them for towing.

3. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    from the source:

4. Capt. Jim

Capt. Jim

Had the Air Lift bags on my OME'd 80 for many years. Great for keeping the rear from sagging when towing. No leaks after about 7 years. They provide little or no lift but keeps the springs from sagging when additional load is applied.

5. crash

crash

Anyone have any negative experiences with air lift bags while wheeling? Do they limit articulation at all when aired down?

I sure could use the stability when towing, but don't want to impact the real reason I bought a cruiser.

Tim

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.