Air coming out of where?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was walking around my cruiser while it was idling, and I felt around the "vents" behind rear side window. I've always thought these vents were not functional, that they were just there for aesthetics. To my surprise, I felt air coming out of the vents on the driver's side (I didn't check the passenger side). Can someone shed some light on where this air is coming from? Is this some kind of exhaust for the climate control system?

Those are vents to allow for air to flow through the cabin, and out the rear of the vehicle. Yes, they're functional. Put your fan on high and walk out there next to them and you'll hear quite a bit of air movement - both sides.

IdahoDoug

Yep! to keep your air nice and fresh...no clam baking for you! :flipoff2:

Clam = recirc button :D

Also, with the vents on fresh instead of recycled, and all windows up, those vents really put out. Have you ever noticed when you close the back, yo can hear the baffels flapping in those vents.

Yep

After all these years, I too just noticed the exterior rear vents are funtional - go figure. After our 3-4 mile walk, I put the dog in the way-back and blast the AC al the way for speedy maximum cool down. I happened to walk to the back of the truck and felt all the air rusing out - very kewl or what?! THis search is a great feature- nice job.

here ya go fellas
PICT0013.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom