Aiming Windshield Fluid Squirter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where is the sweet spot to aim the squirter thingy for the windshield so it can clean the window at rest and at 80+mph???
Why did they put the squirter on the hood, every time I use the squirter I have to stop and wipe the hood off or it leaves streaks :slap:

Kurt,

Lower portion of the windshield since the wipers move up to begin with.
However, it takes more than 3secs for the wipers to finish wiping after you pressed the squirt button, which might be the time needed when you start seeing something on a dirty windshield, and you're moving faster than 100ft/s ...I'd never do that...

cheers,
Frank.

Na, you're not getting it...I know what Kurt is talking about, and it annoys me too. I want the squirters to hit the middle of the windshield and then the water can run down the dirt. Problem is that now the water barely clears the resting point of the wiper. So you waste all the water you spray on the windshield except for when the wiper returns to resting position and picks up some more to smear across the windshield. Is there a way to increase the pressure or point them higher?

The nozzles can be adjusted by putting the point of a sewing needle into the nozzle and moving them around. It is a simple ball and socket setup. Sometimes the diverter valve is defective and some of the fluid pressure goes to the back window.

Thanks PPC, so that must be one of my problems. I noticed that no matter which window I choose to squirt...it hits both. So there's a stuch valve somewhere? Any write-ups on it? Thanks.

It resides on the LH inner fender,near the firewall. Follow the washer hose from the hood down to it on the LH side. Sometimes it can be taken apart and played with but it most often requires replacement.

D-

I just did this last week. Was thinking the same thing about aiming the sprayers Not worth rebuilding the diverter. Upon inspection, I think they just wear out. (Diverter Part #85321-60050 <-TY Cdan). Cdan's a good source for parts from what I hear. Unfortunatly I'm really far away from him. These guys http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213871are in Bellevue WA , so a bit closer to me, and have been really good so far. They've got the "special" price as well. Michaels Toyota. If the Part# isn't in the website directory, just email it too them and they will set up the order.
:cheers:

The fj60 could spray the windshield without the wipers running. This way you can soakthe window before wiping.
This is the setup I want.

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=7783;start=msg65381#msg65381 date=1069291125]
Where is the sweet spot to aim the squirter thingy [/quote]
Carefull where you point that. You momma recently got it in the eye by pointing it in the wrong direction. ;) :flipoff2: :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom