ahhhh....Gears. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TJDIV

UP of MI.
Threads
Website
www.roamwherever.com
Ok, let me throw a no-brainer at you. Trusted guy at the yard, replacement rear end, re-welded/located spring mounts, brakes done, etc. Get in, drive, and WTF!!???....something just not right.

Turns out, "trusted junk yard johnny"....well, 3:40 and 4:11.
Good thing this thing is a TOYota. Dirty Motherhubbardcupboard bastard.

Anyway. Back to work. GOD I love to work on my Cruiser. Honestly, it feels like a snowmobile or my old crotchrocket....miles to hours or work ratio is way the **** out of balance right now.

Moral of my story, check your r&p ratio, regardless of what the grease monkeys that took it off say. :whoops: :ban: [move] :flipoff2:[/move]

What had the 3:40 ratio in it?

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=10995;start=msg98888#msg98888 date=1075869831]
What had the 3:40 ratio in it?
[/quote]

The guys that pulled the axles (from an 83 K5 Blazer) said they were 3:40's. I don't know if they were or not. I was under the impression the Blazer was just 3:70, but; well; regardless, the 4:11 sure as hell didn't match.

I need to check into that 3:40 thing though...anyone know for sure?

Same thing happened to me a few BJ ago ,we changed axles on the front n the mechanic and ME did not check the ratio,had 4.1 rear n 3.8 front ,it didnt show up till we went wheeling,
its a weird sensation especialy when you get off the mud onto some dry stuff,the front was pulling all over the place
but it took a few days to find the problem !!!!!!
but it does pay to check,from then on we check every one before installing them,GOO :cheers:D advise
had a good laugh afterwards
Regds
Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom