ahhh the lift is done (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got the J sping lift and extenstions and shocks put on today..Damn this was a fun project! So now I am saving up my money and getting the 315/75/16 BFG muds hopefully in the next two weeks or soo. Oh ya, I put the snorkel on this past weekend as well. This is addicting!! :D

It's a whole new ball game now.

don't forget a set of sliders, ARB bull bar w/winch, rear bumper, roof rack, dual bats. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it never ends.

Those stock tires look like go-cart tires with the J's, damn, you may need those new tires sooner then 2 weeks :eek:

Any comments on the ride?

Gotta get rid of those running boards and definately some bigger tires. Those stock ones look so small with J springs. Looks good though. Congrats.

I know I know I know, the tires got to go. Its actually my third automobile so it wont get much use till the new tires go on. As for the running boards, heck yes those are next in line to be taken off. I took the roof rack off already, and the next thing is to put on the caster plates! I ran out of time today, well actually the wife put the brakes on me and said "you have been at this for two days so how about calling it good and spending time with me tomorrow!" Damn it!!! :) Na, she helped me out a lot with the springs so I owe her a nice day of fun tomorrow. Anyway, tires are next, running boards are coming off, and then and maybe then, the ARB is in a month or soo. Im going back home (Truckee California) this coming monday to work with the backhoe and make some quick money to buy the tires...then the beast wont look so lame. Thanks for all the help with all my questions and I will keep you posted. :beer: :beer:

these are 275s right?

did you do more than the bushings for caster?

elmariachi said:
Either gears, a supercharger, or dog-turd performance. :crybaby:
uhhh...
guess which one I'm currently living with :crybaby:

4dmalamute said:
I took the roof rack off already, and the next thing is to put on the caster plates!

I wouldn't think you need the plates. I just did a J lift and used the OME correction bushings and it rides like a dream. Tracks much better than the original suspension. Just go with the bushings. My .02. :cheers:

Did you extend your rear brakeline and correct the load proportioning valve? If you didn't do the valve you are using almost all front brakes and if you have to make an emergency stop you will be in a world of hurt. :whoops:

I did the J spring lift with 1 inch Mr Gasket up front, that is why I am doing the caster plates and not the bushings....I hear the bushings are not right for the J springs with Mr Gasket is all. I have all new extended brake lines, just need to put them on. The cruiser will not see any offroad, or driven for that matter till the tires are on and caster plates are installed. As for the brake proportion thingy majigger?? No I have not done that but I will look into doing it ASAP. I will do a search and see what I can do. I just was happy to put the lift on and hopefully in the next few days I can get around to doing the rest of it...extending the breather hose, brake lines, caster plates, proportion valve thingy, god the list just keeps getting longer and longer :eek: Still, I dig this rig and cant wait to take it offroad and see how she does.

4dmalamute said:
Im going back home (Truckee California) this coming monday to work with the backhoe and make some quick money to buy the tires...

Better dig a few extra holes to pay for that sweeeeeet 11 mpg you'll be getting in the California hills with those 315s. :D

Rear brake proportioning valve info is here:

http://www.lcool.org/technical/80_series/brake.html

Ah yes the mpg will suck, but, lucky me, I will taking my taco up there and the cruiser will be sitting nice and quietly at home in Turdlock (Turlock)!! I dont miss the days of buying gas for 3 bucks up in Truckee. My cruiser sat for long periods of time at one point due to the 8mpg I was getting with it. (not this cruiser, my sprung over 60 I had a few years back). Thanks for the link about the load valve thingy, I am searching the archives right now and reading up on it as much as possible, but im sure I will still have tons of questions when I actually go to do it. Thanks again to everyone who gave me some good advice. :cheers:

With my 315s and OEM 4.10 gears, I'm enjoying a nice 14mpg on the highways.

Of course that offsets the sluggish 11mpg I get in the city...

Oh well, you can have everything.

Montana Cruiser said:
Those stock tires look like go-cart tires with the J's, damn, you may need those new tires sooner then 2 weeks :eek:

Any comments on the ride?

I see that a lot down here (Queensland) - a lot of people have "town" wheels and "country" wheels. I'll never get used to it.

OZCAL said:
I see that a lot down here (Queensland) - a lot of people have "town" wheels and "country" wheels. I'll never get used to it.
Few of us rednecks up here hang onto our narrow split rims for going bush in preference to the wide rims seem to pick up less damage from stakes by rocks or tree roots especially the sidewalls.They have a narrower footprint but it is longer works better in some conditions.Dam side easier to repair a flat. The wide 15 inch wheels are miles better on the blacktop, and the ride & steering is a hell of a lot better.Guess it all is a compromise depending on the conditions.

Great choice, kinda looks like my wifes truck (same setup)!

May want to look at extending the bump stops also...you will need to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom