AHC not working after bullbar installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installed a bullbar and winch for my LC100 recently, and my AHC could not lifting in front suspension, rear still working. Should I adjust the press of the front hydronic pump?
moreover, if I want to lifting 2 inches, is there a solution? I asked a guy in ARB he rejected and said no way I can lifting a LC with AHC. However an Ironman guy told me he can lifting it.

Which makes me very confused, if anyone have experience on this situation, please advise me.

You can't adjust the output pressure of the pump but you can - and need to - adjust your torsion bars to provide more supporting lift. Depending on how much extra weight you added you might be ok. You can definitely adjust your sensors for lift as well, but you then need to mitigate the consequences. Lots of searchable posts with key words like "sensor lift" and "techstream". In the interim grab a 30mm socket and tighten both torsion bar adjuster bolts maybe 6 full turns and see if you can squeeze enough torsional lift so the hydraulics can do their thing.

I had a slight issue after my commercial bar install with the ahc dropping in the front after putting in high. The resolution was a simple AHC flush. Have you check your fluids?
Lift options are limited if you wish to retain the ahc. Check out the Slee override switch. It allows you to keep the vehicle in high at all times.

@Felix & @Classic
You have to monitor the AHC Neutral Pressure. That's the AHC First Rule, whether you add weight or not. If you had been taking care of your AHC, you would see what is wrong right away.
The AHC does not limit you when it comes to lifting, but there is less of a need for a permanent lift when you have a working, and tuned, AHC.
Listen to Paddo now - good guy. Search & Read.

@Felix & @Classic
You have to monitor the AHC Neutral Pressure. That's the AHC First Rule, whether you add weight or not. If you had been taking care of your AHC, you would see what is wrong right away.
The AHC does not limit you when it comes to lifting, but there is less of a need for a permanent lift when you have a working, and tuned, AHC.
Listen to Paddo now - good guy. Search & Read.
Will do, cheers mate

You can't adjust the output pressure of the pump but you can - and need to - adjust your torsion bars to provide more supporting lift. Depending on how much extra weight you added you might be ok. You can definitely adjust your sensors for lift as well, but you then need to mitigate the consequences. Lots of searchable posts with key words like "sensor lift" and "techstream". In the interim grab a 30mm socket and tighten both torsion bar adjuster bolts maybe 6 full turns and see if you can squeeze enough torsional lift so the hydraulics can do their thing.
Many thanks!!

I had a slight issue after my commercial bar install with the ahc dropping in the front after putting in high. The resolution was a simple AHC flush. Have you check your fluids?
Lift options are limited if you wish to retain the ahc. Check out the Slee override switch. It allows you to keep the vehicle in high at all times.
I will drop truck to Toyota dealership today, they told me yesterday they have no toll for the pressure check, I am planing lifting my truck for 2 inches and get ride of AHC, still thinking.

Normally not much help to go to a t0yota dealer, unless you find a dedicated cruiser-head. You need your own tech-stream if you are having any non-standard set-up. Many dealers don't even have a tech who understands the ahc.

Normally not much help to go to a t0yota dealer, unless you find a dedicated cruiser-head. You need your own tech-stream if you are having any non-standard set-up. Many dealers don't even have a tech who understands the ahc.
Yes I am going to ask a 4x4 guy today if he can literally remove AHC and 2 inches lift for my truck I ll happy to do it. I think he will use ironman suspension, I will go search more info about this brand, I have already got tough dog TB1610 torsion bar on it.

Hey, it's another Felix.

Welcome, Other Felix! Don't see too many of us.

Nah, just first, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom