AHC code and sum questions… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, mine 06 Cygnus (LX470) is having code C1723 Dampening Force Control Actuator RR Circuit. After erasing the code it pops up again upon restarting the vehicle. Now I’m just a normal guy who has done AHC tuning successfully from here. Mine gradation’s at 5-6 so it’s time to change. Is that code the reason for stiff ride and these low gradations? Solution for this code please.🙏
644A471C-8CCB-4A91-BF2C-B6B1B53C0E65.jpeg

Hey guys, mine 06 Cygnus (LX470) is having code C1723 Dampening Force Control Actuator RR Circuit. After erasing the code it pops up again upon restarting the vehicle. Now I’m just a normal guy who has done AHC tuning successfully from here. Mine gradation’s at 5-6 so it’s time to change. Is that code the reason for stiff ride and these low gradations? Solution for this code please.🙏 View attachment 3150286
What type of software or setup are you using for reading the engine codes?

Hey guys, mine 06 Cygnus (LX470) is having code C1723 Dampening Force Control Actuator RR Circuit. After erasing the code it pops up again upon restarting the vehicle. Now I’m just a normal guy who has done AHC tuning successfully from here. Mine gradation’s at 5-6 so it’s time to change. Is that code the reason for stiff ride and these low gradations? Solution for this code please.🙏 View attachment 3150286

C1723 is a short in the rear actuator, as per the FSM. Highly unlikely -- would guess either cabling damage or leaking windscreen.

If your read the AHC data, you can see the Steps, which is the damping setting for the actuators, but I believe that 8 (middle) is the default failsafe setting.

Stiff ride might be from deflated globes only (that's the what less than 7 graduations mean), but the graduations test depends on correct pressures and height settings.

The two rear actuators are connected in parallell, so you can disconnect them one by one to see if the fault code is in one of them at all.
When you unplug an actuator, you can measure resistance of each of the 4 coils: From pin 2 (common ground) to each of the other 4 pins you should have 12 to 14 ohms.

The code is triggered by 10 or more overcurrent occurrences between one of the 4 actuator coil supplies and ground.

The things I've attempted:

So far I've replaced the globes which has made the ride relatively better than before, code still exists.
I have measured the resistance of the drivers side rear (RHD) actuator's coil and they are giving 14 ohms.
I have also removed the interior 15 and 20 Amps AHC fuses for 20 mins in order to reset everything.
Replaced the actuator with the used one.
Visually inspected the wiring and it looks good, no signs of burnt cabling.

Where should I go from here? I won't be disappearing this time.

I guess you will just have to continue. CHeck the other actuator. Check the AHC-ECU, Check the cabling and the three intermediary plugs on the harness. If you get moisture in one of those hidden plugs, it can all turn green inside, and you can get all sorts of shorts and fails. You can e.g. disconnect both the ECU and the actuators, and check the harness, one by one pin.
I still recommend checking the AHC-ECU for corrosion first though, as a leaking windshield is the most common cause for such failures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom