agent 004runah (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good gnob.

What'd you do about the rear panhard bar? I had bought an adjustable one from sonoran steel but I think it would've been easy and cheap to make one or modify the stock one. Supposedly there was only like a 1/2" difference or something but mine had to be adjusted at least an inch before it didn't handle funny. Looks good, damn you and the wheels! I was leaning towards getting those ones as they're the only factory ones I liked in a 17!

The panhard is a non issue.

The correct fix would be a drop bracket.
An adjustable deals with location, not geometry.

the PC turned out great considering how bad the rims were.

when i got the wheels they were a 5-6 out of 10. now i said theyre a solid 8-9.

the PC almost filled/covered all the oxidization spots .

best part is you cant tell at 100. most people will never notice the irregularities.

No real mods to runner other that a drop in K&N and the weathertech ventshades. The shades are cool, i decided. They tuck into the window track and do their job.

So, the other day i was driving in unfamiliar territory in inclement weather while looking for my cell phone and made a wrong turn :(.

ForumRunner_20140225_194014.jpg

ForumRunner_20140225_194029.jpg

Come to find out the 3rd gen headlamps are $pendy.

Two new assemblys and two new markers. Grille cracked but you cant tell at 20 feet.

A little plasti-dip treatment for updated look. Trying for 2014 head lamp shape.
No adverse effect on light projection.

ForumRunner_20140225_194406.jpg

ForumRunner_20140225_194418.jpg

ForumRunner_20140225_194431.jpg

ForumRunner_20140225_194439.jpg

:doh:

Looks pretty good however! :cheers:

Looks great man! I dig the attitude the dip gives it!

yeah I doubt you would notice any difference in the light output. My bumper blocks part of mine and I cant notice any difference at all. looks good with the eyelid look

Uh oh. More project parts. Lol.
The answer is, time is money. I didnt think i could realistically mod my housing in two hours.
IMG_20140713_103057270.jpg

I think i need one spanner adjuster, a solid pinion spacer and to figure out what im going to do about wiring. I have stuff wire it but want to al least use a factory switch. I may just break down and reinstall all oem wiring and ecu

I think the ice is starting to effect your brain :flipoff2:

Housing's for the 2000.

After setting up a couple E-lockers, i dont think i trust them against the 40s and duals.
My selectable choice for the wheeler would be ARBs.

Last edited:
Word on the street is that ARB's are more dependable and robust than E-lockers.

When you say "duals" do you mean dual-tires? I've never seen a 4-runner dually!

Word on the street is that ARB's are more dependable and robust than E-lockers.

When you say "duals" do you mean dual-tires? I've never seen a 4-runner dually!

Long as you have air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom