Aftermarket wheels with tapered/conical lug nuts - too little thread engagement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good info. And good move on pressing the old lugs out instead of taking the shortcut and hammering them out like many people do. I don't have proof, but I believe hammering them out can lead to bearing failure down the road.

And I still like those Volks! :)

Good info. And good move on pressing the old lugs out instead of taking the shortcut and hammering them out like many people do. I don't have proof, but I believe hammering them out can lead to bearing failure down the road.

And I still like those Volks! :)

Thanks! :) Pressing out the old studs with the tie rod puller was actually the easiest part. It took more time and effore to pull the new studs in.

Now if I ever have to remove these longer studs, I'll have to bang them out with a hammer, or enlarge the opening of the tool I used since the opening is smaller than the head of the studs

You need this style lug for Most aftermarket wheels. I got the pro comp lugs from 4 wheel parts. I’m running Icon wheels.
1B9D1577-C2C0-42FD-855E-AD95DED5BD41.jpeg

You should not have to change out your wheel studs. Most aftermarket wheels now come with a specific lug nut made for that wheel I found this out the hard way.... the lug nuts required in my case were super thin long shank that would fit down in there
have never heard of having to swap the studs..
I would call method if that's who made those Wheels
Also could not find the lug nuts anywhere in town!!!
had to order them

I contacted the vendor, who then had a picture of the tuner lug with the extension. No specs of course, so I'm getting the two longest 'extension' lugs in 14 x 1.5 from gorilla, now brandsport. Round 3. I'll update as I test fit.

I got mine from 4 wheel parts because they were in town and I wanted them that day. $60. It came with new valve stems and stuff I didn’t need but I was in a time crunch. Also came with 4 extra lugs
EE292E52-56EA-4AD2-91C2-CD02A4E8F4CF.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine aren't chromed, but the condition looks really good. They are black and a small amount of the finish on a couple of the extended parts are wearing there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom