Aftermarket rear view camera (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found a good deal for anybody looking for an aftermarket rear camera for 100 series. $15 from Aliexpress.com. Fits in the stock license plate light location.

Screenshot_20210618-152413~2.png

I’ve got a similar camera on our 99 LX470

One caution, in our case, it “fit” in the Chinese definition of “fit”, but nothing a little VHB tape couldn’t fix.

I’ve got a similar camera on our 99 LX470

One caution, in our case, it “fit” in the Chinese definition of “fit”, but nothing a little VHB tape couldn’t fix.
Was wondering if the set angle would be ok. Seems to point more down than my current camera.

Was wondering if the set angle would be ok. Seems to point more down than my current camera.
I installed the camera on the first post on the thread that @jLB linked to a few years ago and it does point more down. I'm wondering how much of the camera will be blocked when I get a driver side tire carrier, hence the question about the right side camera.

I installed the camera on the first post on the thread that @jLB linked to a few years ago and it does point more down. I'm wondering how much of the camera will be blocked when I get a driver side tire carrier, hence the question about the right side camera.
Figured your planned spare would be in the way! 😉

My son and I argue over “straight back” and “show bumper”, the adjustable version allows us to split the difference of my 06 OE camera, and his aftermarket license plate camera on my son’s 2000 LC.

Last edited:
What does the set angle look like?
I think it all depends on what you are looking for with the camera and what the "fisheye" effect is like with it. I know that mine from JOYING is supposed to have some fisheye effect but it pretty much doesn't. I have it center mounted and really was only a concern when I was looking at getting a trailer to tow, using the camera to help align.

I think it all depends on what you are looking for with the camera and what the "fisheye" effect is like with it. I know that mine from JOYING is supposed to have some fisheye effect but it pretty much doesn't. I have it center mounted and really was only a concern when I was looking at getting a trailer to tow, using the camera to help align.
So I do I have a limited field of view now but it is all I need. I can see plenty well in all directions. I am used to using my mirrors anyway. I can see how many would need better viewing angle though.

Here it was with the fixed angle:
2ED18223-305A-4B93-9043-592B9C92113E.jpeg

Mine was angled way too low, but there are probably some properly angled cameras out there.

And here it is now with the adjustable:
59925141-C460-49B5-A825-A78A72D322FF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom