Aftermarket Fogs/OEM Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious if anyone in the 100 series camp has stuffed some Baja Designs Squadron Sport sized fogs in the OEM bumpers for our trucks? Ive seen one guy on youtube put a pair in a 100 series LC bumper about where the night mode IR lights on the LX go. Im trying to keep the visuals on my LX470 reasonably subtle, so its the oem bumper or bust haha
IMG_7539.jpeg

Just remember, the only front turn signals we have in the lx are also in the oem fog light housings. Not a huge problem but something you have to remember when looking at aftermarket offerings.

Not exactly what you were asking for, but this is what I did because I didn't want to cut or drill anything into my bumper. On a side not, I know the turn signals are integrated into our fog lights, but I am surprised nobody has 3D printed an aftermarket housing for the LX. Seems like you could make one that mounts the Rigid lights or whatever and also have a cutout for a small flush mount LED.

1683666470195.png

img_6294-jpg.3219698

img_6295-jpg.3219700

Just run some selective yellow 55w H3s. Get that smooth yellow JDM vibe with increased viz in rain, snow, and fog.
Do you run that strictly in the fogs?

That looks pretty clean. Custom housing?

View attachment 3318344
I like oem finish as well
Now that’s what I’m talking about haha which fogs are those? Diode Dynamics?

Just remember, the only front turn signals we have in the lx are also in the oem fog light housings. Not a huge problem but something you have to remember when looking at aftermarket offerings.
Thanks for bringing that up, completely slipped my mind, I just assumed the turn signals were in the corner housing with the Orange reflector.

Not exactly what you were asking for, but this is what I did because I didn't want to cut or drill anything into my bumper. On a side not, I know the turn signals are integrated into our fog lights, but I am surprised nobody has 3D printed an aftermarket housing for the LX. Seems like you could make one that mounts the Rigid lights or whatever and also have a cutout for a small flush mount LED.

View attachment 3318793

img_6294-jpg.3219698

img_6295-jpg.3219700
I thought about going this route initially to clear some Baja LP4s, but having anything stick that far out kind of would just push me in the direction of going all out with an arb bumper.

Yes those are DD SS3 MAXs. I had to take the front bumper off, mark the exact position where the bracket sits in the aluminum crash bar and drill several times to mount it. It was a lot work but that’s the only way I was able to make it look OE.

Yes custom. @BenCC hooked it up.
Do you run that strictly in the fogs?

That looks pretty clean. Custom housing?

Thanks for bringing that up, completely slipped my mind, I just assumed the turn signals were in the corner housing with the Orange reflector.

I thought about going this route initially to clear some Baja LP4s, but having anything stick that far out kind of would just push me in the direction of going all out with an arb bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom